A plugin with 'plugin.name' system name is already defined

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi,

I am facing with this error

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: A plugin with 'plugin.name' system name is already defined

Source Error:

Line 115:                            throw new Exception(string.Format("A plugin '{0}' has no system name. Try assigning the plugin a unique name and recompiling.", descriptionFile.FullName));
Line 116:                        if (referencedPlugins.Contains(pluginDescriptor))
Line 117:                            throw new Exception(string.Format("A plugin with '{0}' system name is already defined", pluginDescriptor.SystemName));
Line 118:
Line 119:                        //set 'Installed' property

Source File: f:\......\Libraries\Nop.Core\Plugins\PluginManager.cs    Line: 117

If i remove the plugin from this then it gives another error with different plugin name.

Please reply.

Thanks in advance
10 years ago
You are having two plugins with same plugin system name. You can find plugin system name in Description.txt of every plugin.
10 years ago
It works now.

Thanks for your needful help.
7 years ago
yogeshdekate wrote:
It works now.

Thanks for your needful help.

How? I have some problem.
7 years ago
PRC_SHOP wrote:

How? I have some problem.

As stated, two plugins with same plugin system name create the issue.
Check it in your plugins Description file.

If that doesn't resolved issue, explain your scenario with error stack trace.

Hope this helps!
4 years ago
A brand new version 4.2, same error,

I have checked every plugin.json file in "Nop.Web -> Plugins" folder, and there is no duplicated system name.

New to nopCommerce, no idea about this.

Any clue HELPS, thanks.
4 years ago
It's ok, now.
After unzipping the whole download file on another folder.

Thanks.
4 years ago
andrewwang1tw wrote:
It's ok, now.

Thanks.

Can you please let me know In more details how did you solve it ?
I have same issue, i extracted the folder on totally differnt folder, but still get the same issue
4 years ago
nadeemkhoury wrote:
It's ok, now.

Thanks.

Can you please let me know In more details how did you solve it ?
I have same issue, i extracted the folder on totally differnt folder, but still get the same issue

Did you check the bellow link

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/72937/help-systemexception-a-plugin-with-sevenspikesnoppluginscategoriesheadermenu-system-name-is-already-defined.aspx
4 years ago
Deleting contents of this folder worked!

\Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.