V3.30 Memory consumption

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi Andrey, workitem Work You say "Done everything what was possible" thought that his main focus would be to reduce this consumption (I believe it has something yet to be done), my server with 256 MB recycling continues, there has been great improvement in this version 3.4
9 years ago
wwnaweb wrote:
I believe it has something yet to be done

please share your thoughts and suggestions how to further reduce memory consumption
9 years ago
I am using nop 3.4 and also have same problem, when start nop, it use 200 MB mem, but after restart application in admin area, it take double memory (above 400MB mem),
https://flic.kr/p/pomeMt
9 years ago
Memory usage in Nop is the biggest issue that hinders the acceptance from wide usage. Magento or php counterparts just a few MB to load (http://www.eschrade.com/page/how-much-memory-does-magento-use/)

I can see the improvement from v3.4 over older versions on Memory. In fact, i've just released 2 websites based on Nop 3.4, just for news only, combined with Angularjs + web api 2. 2 sites stabilizes at around 260mb which is lower than other versions.

I guess we have to wait for Entity Framework 7.0 and mvc 6.0 for lighter load.

I wish Nop could lower the ram down under 100 mb each worker process.

As you see from stats, http://trends.builtwith.com/shop/nopCommerce , nop seems to struggle to gain new customers.
9 years ago
If this is a matter of caching, then I respectfully disagree that there is a problem.

If the choice is between faster site speed (more data cached) or lower memory consumption (less data cached), I will choose faster site speed every day of the week.

Making a site faster is very difficult.  Increasing how much memory your server has is simple.
9 years ago
I don't believe increasing memory is the solution especially with hosting company, they cannot sell much with nop sites on their server, it makes 32 gb ram look too small, not even to say VPS.

I've tried some php projects like magento, xenforo forum they all run fast and require a lot less ram, however with Orchardproject (mvc .net) using Nhiberate, it runs virtually at the same Ram as Nop 3.4.
9 years ago
I tried set IoC for cache to NonCache, but memory is not improved. I think it depend on .NET Framework.
9 years ago
I've started from scratch to build another nopcommerce using Dapper instead of entity framework.

To generate sql for dapper, i integrate https://github.com/Yoinbol/MicroOrm.Pocos.SqlGenerator and its Data Repository
https://github.com/Yoinbol/Dapper.DataRepositories

So far, i'm able to get data from nop services just fine. I'll try to finish it up and hope i can see improvements on memory and performance.

public class DapperRepository: DataConnection, IRepository
    {
        public DapperRepository(IDbConnection connection)
            : base(connection)
        {
        }      

public IEnumerable<T> GetAll<T>() where T : new()
        {
            //Creates the sql generator
            var sqlGenerator = EngineContext.Current.Resolve<ISqlGenerator<T>>();

//Creates the query
            var query = sqlGenerator.GetSelectAll();

//Execute the query
            return Connection.Query<T>(query);
        }
}

CategoryService.cs:

private IRepository Repository;

public CategoryService(IRepository repository)
        {
            this.Repository = repository;
        }

public IPagedList<Category> GetAllCategories(string categoryName = "", int pageIndex = 0, int pageSize = int.MaxValue, bool showHidden = false)
        {
            var query = Repository.GetAll<Category>();     >> works fine.
            if (!showHidden)
                query = query.Where(c => c.Published);
            if (!String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(categoryName))
}

DependencyRegistrar:

builder.RegisterGeneric(typeof(SqlGenerator<>)).As(typeof(ISqlGenerator<>));
builder.RegisterType<DapperRepository>().As<IRepository>().InstancePerLifetimeScope();

The rest is unchanged.
8 years ago
Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but I'm not seeing much information regarding performance problems that we are experiencing. We recently upgraded from 1.6 to 3.6. Our application pool is set to a private limit of 1 GB of memory. The site hits the limit multiple times a day and goes offline. We have to login and restart the app pool to get it going again. This never happened before. We host on our own virtual private server and have a handful of other sites running (each in their own app pool). No other site goes down except the nopCommerce site. We have it set to enable 32-bit applications. Setting 32-bit to False made it MUCH worse.

Any ideas?
8 years ago
Still looking for answers. We are using the NOPGear theme and after disabling the NivoSlider our site is not going down as often. However, the last two days the app pool got turned off three (3) times. This is unacceptable, is anyone else experiencing the same thing?? We need to get to a resolution soon or switch to a difference eCommerce solution.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.