nopCommerce 3.40 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi folks,

I've prepared a draft of the roadmap for the next version of nopCommerce (3.40). Here are some of the most interesting ones:

- Web farm support
- Paid Registrations
- Rental products
- Ability to assign catalog price per currency
- Warehouse support and inventory control. Other stock management enhancements.
- Full support for in-store pickup
- Further performance optimization (main work item now).
- And a lot of other enhancements.

You can find all existing work items for this version here. Maybe some of this work item will be postponed (yes, like before). Maybe several other "proposed" work items will be added to 3.40 roadmap later (still thinking about them)

Estimate release time - July 2014 (most probably, middle of July)
UPDATE (June 28th): nopCommerce 3.40 will be released in the second part of July. The certain date will be announced a bit later. But most probably it'll be from July 17th till July 20th
UPDATE (June 11th): nopCommerce 3.40 will be released on July 17th.

P.S. Looking at "roadmap" topics for previous versions I see that a lot of people used them for feature and enhancement suggestions. Of course it's very good that our community is so active. We highly appreciate it. But this way these topics became very bloated with minor suggestions or just questions. Could you please use dedicated Suggestions and Feedback for such purposes? Let's use this topic only for some more general discussion of version 3.40 or really significant features.

By the way, what do think about moving from Mercurial to Git (still hosted on codeplex)?

UPDATE: Most probably jQuery Mobile support will be dropped in version 3.40. We already have responsive design available out of the box (since 3.30). Maintenance of both approaches is quite complete. It can also improve performance (less IO, output caching, etc). It'll simplify development and customization (only one view change instead of two, etc).  Responsive design becomes much more popular today. It's just more user-friendly.
10 years ago
Hi, Road-map for 3.40 looks great. I would appreciate if along with these changes you would decide something on creating a public wiki for nopCommerce that can be managed by community members for developers and user's documentation and an ability to download & install public theme & plugins like wordpress is doing.
10 years ago
jariwalakrunal wrote:
Hi, Road-map for 3.40 looks great. I would appreciate if along with these changes you would decide something on creating a public wiki for nopCommerce that can be managed by community members for developers and user's documentation and an ability to download & install public theme & plugins like wordpress is doing.

please see this topic
10 years ago
thanks for sharing link. I will be happy to contribute to it too.
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:

- Web farm support
- Paid Registrations
- Rental products
- Ability to assign catalog price per currency
- Warehouse support and inventory control. Other stock management enhancements.
- Further performance optimization.
- And a lot of other enhancements.

Andrei, and the rest of the nopCommerce team, you simply ROCK!
10 years ago
Hi Andrei,

Roadmap for 3.4. seems good.

I would just vote for adding 10762 work item, which I mean is quite close to 11111 active work item.

I think, this functionality can be very interesting, there for I didn't found any e-commerce solution which can offer it. This way NopCommerce can become  very interersting for a lot of new customers.

Please, think about it.

Thanks
10 years ago
Easy but strong quotation inquiry functionality

It might be also an easy solution to offer "Send an inquiry" button (based "Call for price" but formatted as a button which will send an email with all specified parameters to store owner and also will put this to the shopping cart or wishlist or inquiry list (for logged customers).
Store owner can then give back the price like "Customer enters price" but like usual product price in appropriate shopping cart/wishlist/inquiry list and send an email to customer... Then can customer order this "customer quoted product". It wuold be great, when some product attributes can be marked as required for only shopping cart (i mean f.i. data file for printing a job - which is not needed for quote)

Thanks for thinking about it.
10 years ago
Large data file store option

Andrei, we are working with large data files (for professional printing services size of 10s/100s of MB) upload via product attributes.

There is a issue with growing database size rapidly. We also mark these attributes as required, but it is not necessary that customer will place the order. In those cases uploaded file should be deleted which is not very strightforward.
- Is there a chance to store these files in file system?
- Is it possible to safe these files with <order-number>_<file number> file names? Where <file number> mean f.i. 01 ... 99?

Thanks
10 years ago
Happy to see the roadmap.
I browsed the CodePlex and saw these issues which I (personnaly) think very interesting:

Conditional checkout and product attributes
https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/11008

Product level shipping configuration (new plugin - shipping rate computation method)
https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/10721
(it would be good to be able to limit free shipping to the cheapest shipping method)

Add an option to display only attribute combinations that exist and have stock greater than zero
https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/11907
(or a "Out of stock" string next to the value, but could be harder than hiding for certain types)

A simple way to generate massive and personalized discount coupon
https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/11047

Does they have a future? ;)
What about adding them (or some of them) to the roadmap?
Good luck and congratulations.
10 years ago
I think it would be great to enhance the Vendor functionality that was added to nop. As it currently sits it has hard for anyone that wants to use drop shipping with Vendors. Please see the following work item: http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/11912. It would be a significant enhancement for those of us using drop shipping. Please consider it.

I also think Git is a great move!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.