nopCommerce 3.40 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:

By the way, what do think about moving from Mercurial to Git (still hosted on codeplex)?

Yes, please, I know I have several projects that would benefit from this move, and I am sure there are others as well.
10 years ago
Hey Andrei,

I apologize if this has already been done, but as an SEO improvement, could we set "deleted" products and categories to return a 410 status code along with an appropriate error page? I have been receiving this request from my SEO team for a while now.
10 years ago
networkfusion wrote:
Although I love the workflow of hg, git would allow me to keep source control for my customers shops in visual studio online, which would be a huge benefit. Also it means there is the functionality built into vs2013 so less environment setup would be needed.

please think about using nuget package restore (http://docs.nuget.org/docs/workflows/using-nuget-without-committing-packages) It would make the repo so much smaller so the clone is more likely to succeed.

+1
10 years ago
The workitem for Purchase Order Number entry for any payment type would be a nice addition to 3.40 :)
10 years ago
It would be nice to see better bundle/kit support. I am able to configure what I need without customization, but it's impractical. For inventory purposes, I have to add each variation of a product in the catalog and setup a simple product as the bundle then tie each item I want in the bundle as a product attribute. So in my situation, logically I should have 7 products in the catalog with numerous variations, but instead I have over 50 to accomplish the bundle.
10 years ago
New York wrote:
The workitem for Purchase Order Number entry for any payment type would be a nice addition to 3.40 :)

Hi Dennis:
Wouldn't it be better to have the PON as a checkout attribute? Maybe a better enhacentment would be to have a property for checkout attributes to indicate where it should be displayed: cart, shipping address, shipping method, invoice address, payment method, etc.
10 years ago
New York wrote:

eadameg wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to have the PON as a checkout attribute? Maybe a better enhancement would be to have a property for checkout attributes to indicate where it should be displayed: cart, shipping address, shipping method, invoice address, payment method, etc.

Eduardo,
I like the idea of "property for checkout attributes to indicate where it should be displayed".  Currently, PO Number is treated bit different - i.e. PurchaseOrderNumber is its own field on the order, but I suppose it could be moved into  checkout attributes  (although an upgrade/migration would be a bit more difficult if it had to move it :)
I did custom work for a client where I put PO Number on the Select payment method page:

Select payment method
Credit Card
Pay In Store

Purchase Order #:  _______
10 years ago
We have a real business need for this feature to cut overhead (we pay by the hour for content management) and simplify data entry for product attributes and values: Global Product Attributes

Can it be added to the roadmap? Possibly swap it for another lower priority item?
10 years ago
There are three more improvements I suggest:
1) Attributes pricing adjustment in % too. This offers superb flexibility: i.e. color or materials may offer percentage variations
2) Article dimensions measure units per product. At the moment it is possible to set measure units in settings only. There’s the need to have measure units more realistic: if a product weights 100 grams and another 20 kilos, the latter weights 20,000 grams – it doesn’t make much sense
3) Introduce the possibility to edit image titles tag. This greatly improves SEO
10 years ago
infinito62 wrote:

3) Introduce the possibility to edit image titles tag. This greatly improves SEO

+1
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.