Using Kendo UI legal?

6 years ago
Today I've found a good and free grid (a set of controls). It's mature enough now but looks quite promising. Let's wait some time and see how it's being developed. Please see here and let me know your thoughts

BTW, the work item is here. Please vote
6 years ago
This looks good!
6 years ago
I agree, it looks good.
6 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Today I've found a good and free grid (a set of controls). It's mature enough now but looks quite promising. Let's wait some time and see how it's being developed. Please see here and let me know your thoughts

I don't know why I missed it but looks like it's not free to use (http://aspnetawesome.com/Buy). So we need some other replacement
6 years ago
Yes, it does seem confusing that the License on CodePlex is MS-PL, but it looks like only version 1.9 (which did not have a grid) was ever free as discussed in a few posts here
6 years ago
New York wrote:
Yes, it does seem confusing that the License on CodePlex is MS-PL, but it looks like only version 1.9 (which did not have a grid) was ever free as discussed in a few posts here


I hate it when someone goes open source only to build repetition and attract attention to their product, and then as soon as they achieve their target customer base, they abandon open source. Sounds very dishonest to me. Even worse: even after going $$, they still use an Open Source community such as CodePlex to do more marketing for their product.
6 years ago
Hi,

Have a look at this, jQGrid - Demo of Grid.

Although not sure about their licensing, but found that they offer it under MIT license here. But their MVC wrappers are not covered under this open-source license and are licensed separately.

Not sure if its a right choice or not, but thought it will be good to review!
6 years ago
r_omar wrote:
Yes, it does seem confusing that the License on CodePlex is MS-PL, but it looks like only version 1.9 (which did not have a grid) was ever free as discussed in a few posts here

I hate it when someone goes open source only to build repetition and attract attention to their product, and then as soon as they achieve their target customer base, they abandon open source. Sounds very dishonest to me. Even worse: even after going $$, they still use an Open Source community such as CodePlex to do more marketing for their product.


Its true but you cannot blame them, everyone wants to get paid for their work. The good programmers dont want to spend most of their time on free open source projects anymore without any income(you have to live somehow). So yeah that is the way it goes nowadays.

The KendoUI it not gonna change anytime soon for something else. better concentrate on Admin panel rework.
6 years ago
Lucho wrote:


Its true but you cannot blame them, everyone wants to get paid for their work. The good programmers dont want to spend most of their time on free open source projects anymore without any income(you have to live somehow). So yeah that is the way it goes nowadays.

The KendoUI it not gonna change anytime soon for something else. better concentrate on Admin panel rework.


Totally agree, and I can't blame someone for developing software for living. We all do this. It's just the exploitation of the Open Source community and resources in a sneaky way that I don't like.
6 years ago
And what about Bootstrap Table?
It seems to be beautiful and the MIT license is not restrictive:
http://wenzhixin.net.cn/p/bootstrap-table/docs/examples.html