Settings cleared when deleting a store

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I don't know if this is a bug, or by design, but I originally had 2 stores set up in NopCommerce v3.30.  Several settings were configured per each store, and when I deleted one of the stores, going down to just 1 store, all the settings were cleared out.  

I would have assumed that the settings for the remaining store would have still been kept, but I was wrong.  It appears to have reverted to the default settings.

Here's how it all went down:
1) Installed NC and created Store A.
2) Configured Store A with some settings.
3) Created Store B and used the multi-store options to overwrite some settings.
4) Deleted Store A.
5) Store B now has all of Store A's original settings and nothing that was custom to it.

Is this by design? Or am I wrong in my assumptions of how it should work?
10 years ago
I am very curious about this.  What setting did you loose?   Themes or what.  If you delete a store you leave products orphaned in storemapping table with no store record, so no filter for those products. Is that what you mean, that products are showing up in store B that were before filtered to store A only?

I use multi-store and it's been good so far.  But I have not deleted any stores once added.
10 years ago
It's by design. When you have only one store, then do not see "multi-store" dropdownlist in admin area. Hence you cannot override any setting for certain store. In this case only shared settings are used
10 years ago
plus scratch what I just wrote. It's not a hard map like the other junction tables, it uses entities with entity Id.  So not really possible to orphan anything.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.