GIF thumbnail quality in 3.30

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
the quality of GIF thumbnails seems to have seriously regressed with 3.30. (I use a custom image for the products default image) I guess this has to do with the change to the ImageResizer library. Could the PrettyGifs plugin http://imageresizing.net/plugins/prettygifs be included in nopcommerce by default to overcome the issue?
9 years ago
Please share some GIF pictures so I can test them lcoally
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Please share some GIF pictures so I can test them lcoally

This is the image that worked fine in 3.20 but degrades heavily in 3.30: http://1drv.ms/Qx3zNU
9 years ago
I also see bad quality. I've just created a work item and investigate it in the near time. Thanks a lot for reporting
9 years ago
Fixed. Please see chnageset f8f2ab420c20
9 years ago
I am currently running testing before going live with 3.40 and I am still getting really bad image quality with Gif images.

I have noticed that the ImageResizer.Plugins.PrettyGifs.dll and ImageResizer.Plugins.PrettyGifs.xml are not contained within any of the bin directories, and added them manually and restarted the app but to no effect... any thing I am doing wrong?!
9 years ago
ImageResizer.Plugins.PrettyGifs.dll were added only in version 3.40 and they are containsed in the bin directory

If you're trying to implement it in version 3.30, then you'll also have to add some ImageResizer attributes to web.config
9 years ago
As I said, I am trying 3.40.
9 years ago
networkfusion wrote:
As I said, I am trying 3.40.

ImageResizer.Plugins.PrettyGifs.dll are contained in the bin directory in 3.40. Please test your gif file on our demo site. Does it work fine? If no, please share the file
9 years ago
Demo site seems fine.

Adding the DLL to the bin folder and clearing the browser cache it seems to be working on my instance, but that leaves the underlying problem unsolved.

I have done a diff against my branch and the master from codeplex (>git diff my-branch..upstream/master --ignore-space-at-eol) to see why it is not adding the plugin automatically, but apart from a few html and css code changes here and there (no modifications to projects), I can see nothing that would stop the image resizer plugin not to be copied to the bin folder.

Is it right that the plugin only targets the nop.services project?

Windiff is also showing that webactivator is not copied across to the bin folder as well?!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.