Minimum memory requirements for Nopcommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Another small memory optimization that could be explored is getting rid of the runAllManagedModulesForAllRequest setting in the web.config (in the modules section).

Currently this is set to True, which means that every request (even for static content like images, CSS and JS files) gets handled by ASP.NET.
By removing the setting completely IIS will handle requests for static content outside of ASP.NET. This seems to work fine when I tested it, and reduces the overall memory usage somewhat (haven't had a chance to profile it properly).
Sure. Thanks a lot for suggestion. Done. Please see changeset 70947762ddef. Please give it a try. IMHO, looks much faster (haven't tested using Memory profiler yet)

P.S. Glad that VS developers also did it the default ASP.NET MVC template for VS 2013.

I tried just changing the setting in web.config to false, and it caused some problems throughout my site.  Admin menus wouldn't load, and customers couldn't add items to their cart...and probably other stuff too, but I switched it back to true as soon as I was aware.

I guess this isn't the proper procedure?

UPDATE:
Now I followed the link to codeplex and see other changes must be made...

Are the changes to the PageHeadBuilder.cs an absolute requirement?? (I use no source version)
I'm guessing this is what caused the admin menus not to load??

I became concerned about memory usage after upgrading to 3.30 and enabling some of the new performance features in configuration>>settings>> general and misc settings >> localization settings >>
I enabled Load all locale resources on startup, and Load all localized properties on startup, and the site does seem a bit more responsive.

I expected to take a memory usage hit by doing so, but it has pushed usage too high, and I'm looking now for other ways to lower my memory consumption without affecting page speed performance too adversely.

Prior to the upgrade, and enabling of the above mentioned settings, it was at about 650mb...creeping each day up to about 950mb

The w3wp.exe for my site, with approx 150 products...after fully loaded now uses about 1gb of RAM...creeping up to about 1.25gb each day. (leaks??)

Doesn't this seem a bit high?

Steve
9 years ago
Hi,

It is a bit too high for 150 products..
Anyway I'd take a look also at server/pool config, there are a lot of factors thart are having huge impact on the memory.

Regards, Giuseppe
9 years ago
I use nop 3.2 for news only, so i delete/dropped almost all unnessary modules related to products, blogs, forum,discount....., disable all of them on dependencyregistrar. Also i only use google analytics plugin and facebook, others are disabled.

So my code running has no touch on loadproduct stored proc, just my simple news modules + no css/js bundling or locale reload but the memory is still around 400-600 mb though i'm the only guest (noone knows my domain)

maybe we should take a look at Debug Diagnostic Tool v2.0 for IIS

How to use the IIS Debug Diagnostics tool to troubleshoot a memory leak in an IIS process?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919790

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40336  >> download
9 years ago
Hi Guys

Some of you may want to take a look at your News and Blogs comments I have just found 50,000 news comments on one of my Demo sites, I had the same problem as you guys the memory was going through the roof and now it is stable at 330mb.
9 years ago
I think nop made a mistake to choose EF over nhibernate in the early stages of development. EF is not mature yet in terms of performance.

Now EF team has to rewrite from scratch their product due to the limitations of the current architecture. Hope the new EF 7.0 will be a refresh in a better way, they will make it lightweight, run anywhere even on phone. However, Nopcommerce surely has to rewrite the data library as well for the new EF has a lot of changes.
9 years ago
congthanhgiong wrote:
I think nop made a mistake to choose EF over nhibernate in the early stages of development. EF is not mature yet in terms of performance

I don't think so. We started using of EF when it already was about 5 years old. How long should we wait? 10 years? Also please see my post here (point 2 about popularity)

congthanhgiong wrote:
However, Nopcommerce surely has to rewrite the data library as well for the new EF has a lot of changes.

Why do you think so? Have you seen the new API of EF 7.0? Furthermore, even if it happens, there won't be much changes and upgrade to EF 7 won't take much time IMHO
9 years ago
embryo wrote:

Prior to the upgrade, and enabling of the above mentioned settings, it was at about 650mb...creeping each day up to about 950mb

The w3wp.exe for my site, with approx 150 products...after fully loaded now uses about 1gb of RAM...creeping up to about 1.25gb each day. (leaks??)

Dear Sir,

Could you be more specific about third party plugins like themes installed?
I don't want to hit on some but i've found out a lot of performance and memory leaks differences when theme/plugins from xxx are disable...

If external theme or plugins installed, please disallow them and check it again.

Thank you
Best,
Neokiller
9 years ago
neokiller62 wrote:

Dear Sir,

Could you be more specific about third party plugins like themes installed?
I don't want to hit on some but i've found out a lot of performance and memory leaks differences when theme/plugins from xxx are disable...

If external theme or plugins installed, please disallow them and check it again.

Thank you
Best,
Neokiller

The list of plugins we have installed is very long, but I will try your suggestion on disabling the plugins that we don't really need.

Thanks
9 years ago
embryo wrote:

The list of plugins we have installed is very long, but I will try your suggestion on disabling the plugins that we don't really need.

I don't know your website but do you use customized default theme or commercial theme?

In private, i can give you name of theme company who sucks with loading performance...

Best,
Neokiller
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I think nop made a mistake to choose EF over nhibernate in the early stages of development. EF is not mature yet in terms of performance
I don't think so. We started using of EF when it already was about 5 years old. How long should we wait? 10 years? Also please see my post here (point 2 about popularity)

However, Nopcommerce surely has to rewrite the data library as well for the new EF has a lot of changes.
Why do you think so? Have you seen the new API of EF 7.0? Furthermore, even if it happens, there won't be much changes and upgrade to EF 7 won't take much time IMHO

oh i think it would be better to follow OrchardProject, the one that nopcommerce mvc might have got some ideas from.  The team behind the project from Microsoft but they also picked the best possible one on the market for domain driven model design programming. Btw, i do believe that we, nop team and other developers, all need to take a close look what has made the memory usage that high. I have a server with 32 gb ram, and host a few small sites (v 2.8-3.2), but they used up most the ram.

I checked on Sql server profiler, and find out that in some languages, the translation is not thoroughly translated for all keys, so every run, the system checks and writes to log and give some overhead on the server.

and regarding EF 7, no offense, i still have tough time to find right words for my english :). I was just worried for the migration path to new engine that won't be out soon.  At the moment, we're stuck at EF 6.x, and due to the limitation, there might not be 2nd caching....and lower resource usage, need to wait till the new code bits.

Mobile first, cloud first but EF 6 is too heavy.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/adonet/archive/2014/05/19/ef7-new-platforms-new-data-stores.aspx >> has some interesting news
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.