How do I fix this email problem?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Here's the error message:  Error sending e-mail. The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: Authentication required.

I have been experimenting, trying to get the site running, and this error crops up every time anything happens - new registration, product purchase - anything.

I have seen this same question posted on this forum again and again and again. Is there ANYONE who has ever actually gotten the Q@#^$%! email to work properly?  Is there actually a way to fix this?
9 years ago
Yes email works.  You are getting errors on specific actions like new customer ect... because the notifications are active. If you uncheck the email message templates as inactive the errors will stop.  That is if you are just trying to check out functionality in the NopComm without and email account setup and working.  

If you are just having trouble with getting the email working you will have to work through the settings.  Could be port, SSL if you check that or any number of things.

But, the email in NopComm works with not issues.
9 years ago
Thanks for that much. It's a little reassuring to know the thing will eventually work. But...

I'm getting errors on EVERYTHING that is supposed to send email.  I want some notifications active. I can't spend every minute of every day checking for new customers or new orders. I need the software to send out notifications when something happens.

I'm using the default port and SSL settings.

What am I supposed to do as far as fixing it? Am I supposed to just try every possible combination of port numbers, SSL settings, and other factors until I just happen to stumble across the right thing? Is there anything, or anyonem, anywhere, that says "this problem is cured by doing X"?  I can't just blindly start trying different permutations.  I don't have the time.

How did you get it to work?
9 years ago
Does email work when you use "Send test email"?
9 years ago
What New York said ... Plus;  Yes, you pretty much have to try things until you get it working.  Try easy thing first, no SSL on port 26 if that works then try SSL with port 465.

You may have better luck working with your hosting service, because it's a configuration issue and not a NopComm bug.
9 years ago
i have same error with my emailing
9 years ago
In the nopCommerce email configuration I entered the username and password I use when I log in on the hosting website.

Now when I try to send test mail I get the message "Failure sending email"
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.