problem with database

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
I need help.

I will start from the beginning....

So about 6 years ago I started my online store with nop commerce. i have a hosting on godaddy.com and I was doing all the instalation and the set up of the online store via my account on go daddy.
I did not do any updates till like few days ago, so I was starting from version 1.40

I was again doing all the updates via my account on go daddy. Was able to successfully update to 1.90 and then it turned out that my hosting doesn't support asp.net 4.0
and my online store stopped working
so I tried to do downgrade to original version

the hosting I had was so outdated that I bought a new one (go daddy too)

so now I want to create new online store using nop commerce 3.30 directly on new hosting and my question is:
is it possible to move tables (like customers accounts, orders history) from old database to the new one?
if yes, how to?

is the fact that I installed my first nop commerce store via go daddy account will affect the tables?
or should be ok to use them in new store on new hosting?

thank you for any help in advance,
9 years ago
You can write script to import the data. But what might be easier would be to run the database upgrade scripts incrementally up the ladder for each new release until you get to current version.  Then install new version of store and use the upgraded database for that store.  I would try that first.  I did not start using NopComm until Version 2.6. But I think the dev team used the same upgrade model going way back.  You cannot skip a database scrip release.

Anyhow, should not take too long to run the scripts and install 3.3 for a simple test.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.