nopCommerce 3.40 and sitemap.xml / robots.txt

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
hi all,

I just upgraded from 3.30 to 3.40 version of nopCommerce.

How do I implement sitemap.xml and robots.txt in this version to the root dir of my website? I used to upload by myself those two files using ftp client. Since this new version using handlers for sitemap.xml and robots.txt, and I am confused how to utilize them.

If I put  /sitemap.xml on my browser it returns to the homepage and now Google can no longer read my sitemap.xml like it used to be when I am still in version 3.30. Error : "Your Sitemap appears to be an HTML page"

Please help.

Thank you
9 years ago
Remove (or comment out) this line from your web.config

<add name="SitemapXml" path="sitemap.xml" verb="*" type="System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode" />
9 years ago
New York wrote:
Remove (or comment out) this line from your web.config

<add name="SitemapXml" path="sitemap.xml" verb="*" type="System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode" />

Hi,

I did that, including robots.txt (commented out) in handler section. And know Google Webmaster tool can read them again.

Thank you
9 years ago
Just looking at this thread. Based on the resolution of the issue, should this line be removed from the web.config for the platform in general?  What is the advantage of having this line in the web.config if google cannot read it properly when present?

Thanks
9 years ago
It did not work for me.

It still directs me to the home page when I use the sitemapseo.aspx and when I try to submit the sitemap to google I get an error that the page is html (I assume it is expecting xml).

I am not sure if it is important (since it did not matter before the upgrade to 3.40) but I am using two locals and the default locale is not the English one.

Any ideas?
9 years ago
Use /sitemap.xml
9 years ago
I get a 404 not found error
9 years ago
I added back the <add name="SitemapXml" path="sitemap.xml" verb="*" type="System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode" /> line in the WebConfig and removed the robots.txt related line and now the sitemap.xml is working.  I am no longer getting a not found error.

I also added the following line under the appsettings section that were there under the older version although I am not sure these are relevant

<add key="UseSSL" value="false" />
    <add key="SharedSSLUrl" value="" />
    <add key="NonSharedSSLUrl" value="" />
    <add key="RouteDebugger:Enabled" value="false" />
    <add key="GoogleMerchantID" value="" />
    <add key="GoogleMerchantKey" value="" />
    <add key="GoogleEnvironment" value="Sandbox" />
    <add key="GoogleAuthenticateCallback" value="True" />
    <add key="ClearPluginsShadowDirectoryOnStartup" value="False" />

The sitemapseo.aspx still does not work however...
7 years ago
Hi everybody!

Recently, I was questioned about the frequency that the sitemap.xml is updated on nopcommerce... Can anybody help me with this question? Is it updated on demand, every time that the url is called?

Thanks for the help!

Hamilton
7 years ago
I just finded the update frequency options at BaseSitemapGenerator.cs class.
They can be: always, hourly, daily, weekly, yearly, never.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.