nopCommerce 3.50 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi,

I've prepared a draft of the roadmap for the next version of nopCommerce (3.50). Here are some of the most interesting ones:

- Rental products (done)
- Web farm support (postponed)
- Paid Registrations (postponed)
- Ability to assign catalog price per currency (postponed)
- Better warehouse support and inventory control  (done)
- Search plugins and themes (from nopCommerce.com official site) in admin area (done)
- And a lot of other enhancements.

I know some of these work items were postponed several times. I hope all of them will be done in version 3.50. You can find all existing work items for this version here.

Estimate release time - December 2014 (5 months).

P.S. Also our efforts will be focused on marketing of the product, enhancements of the official site, and entire product ecosystem.

P.P.S. Looking at "roadmap" topics for previous versions I see that a lot of people used them for feature and enhancement suggestions. Of course it's very good that our community is so active. We highly appreciate it. But this way these topics became very bloated with minor suggestions or just questions. Could you please use dedicated Suggestions and Feedback for such purposes? Let's use this topic only for some more general discussion of version 3.50 or really significant features.
9 years ago
Thanks Andrei, I really appreciate your efforts. today i upgraded Nop from 3.10 to 3.40 and everything is okay, i made some customizations on shippingService.cs file in v 3.10 in GetShoppingCartTotalWeight method. but in the new v 3.40 this method is not exist !! i searched for it but with no luck. Would you please help :)

Thanks again
9 years ago
omaani wrote:
Thanks Andrei, I really appreciate your efforts. today i upgraded Nop from 3.10 to 3.40 and everything is okay, i made some customizations on shippingService.cs file in v 3.10 in GetShoppingCartTotalWeight method. but in the new v 3.40 this method is not exist !! i searched for it but with no luck. Would you please help :)

Thanks again

Please open a new thread for your problem. This thread is for discussing the roadmap for 3.5, not problems with the current release.
9 years ago
Hello Andrei Mazoulnitsyn

Is it possible this request can be consider along with the other changes for the next version 3.5.

The ability to create Specification attribute with Sub Specification attribute. Note not Product Attribute. Take for example my project that am working on, http://timbolo.rocksolidsolutionsintl.com/. On the home page, there is this section Shop by Vehicle. The filter lists are been loaded from Specification Attribute List. I want to be able to tied the car Model to the car Make, so that once i select a car, the model for that car are shown alone.

I will appreciate if you could give any idea on how i can achieve it without having any issues to the main source for future update.

Thanks for the good work anyway. You make live easier for people like us.
9 years ago
Unbiased wrote:
Hello Andrei Mazoulnitsyn

Is it possible this request can be consider along with the other changes for the next version 3.5.

The ability to create Specification attribute with Sub Specification attribute. Note not Product Attribute. Take for example my project that am working on, http://timbolo.rocksolidsolutionsintl.com/. On the home page, there is this section Shop by Vehicle. The filter lists are been loaded from Specification Attribute List. I want to be able to tied the car Model to the car Make, so that once i select a car, the model for that car are shown alone.

I will appreciate if you could give any idea on how i can achieve it without having any issues to the main source for future update.

Thanks for the good work anyway. You make live easier for people like us.

Hi Unbiased:
As per Andrei request above please open a new topic for suggestions
P. P.S. Looking at "roadmap" topics for previous versions I see that a lot of people used them for feature and enhancement suggestions. Of course it's very good that our community is so active. We highly appreciate it. But this way these topics became very bloated with minor suggestions or just questions. Could you please use dedicated Suggestions and Feedback for such purposes? Let's use this topic only for some more general discussion of version 3.50 or really significant features.

Besides there are several topics commenting what you want
9 years ago
Thanks Andrei. We are looking forward to this release.

I also agree that Specifications and Product Attributes needs work to streamline and improve the catalog management process and search capabilities. Perhaps one of the features for this release can be replaced with Specification and Product Attribute improvements? Or it can become part of "other enhancements" if there is time?
9 years ago
Most serious e-commerce businesses doesn't use ecommerce solution alone. They also use a decent accounting, crm, inventory, order management, support and operations management solutions which needs to work very closely with the ecommerce solution. However, adding all those features to the nopCommerce is out of the scope definitely... but giving a decent set of API for integration will be very helpful for all service providers and retailers using nopCommerce.

I highly recommend adding a decent set of REST API with full documentation how it needs to be used. Similar to something what Magento is having http://www.magentocommerce.com/api/rest/introduction.html

This will greatly enhance adoption of nopCommerce for the serious retailers as most of them will use it. Moreover, providing it also enables solution providers to come up with generic plugins for example, integration for salesforce or vtiger crm, integration for quickoffice or openerp or any other solution!
9 years ago
Andrei,

Are there any anticipated changes to the system requirements i.e. framework, SQL, VS, etc. for 3.50?

Thanks
9 years ago
vacshop wrote:
Are there any anticipated changes to the system requirements i.e. framework, SQL, VS, etc. for 3.50?

Maybe, we'll move to .NET Framework 4.5.2 (now 4.5.1)
9 years ago
jariwalakrunal wrote:
Most serious e-commerce businesses doesn't use ecommerce solution alone. They also use a decent accounting, crm, inventory, order management, support and operations management solutions which needs to work very closely with the ecommerce solution. However, adding all those features to the nopCommerce is out of the scope definitely... but giving a decent set of API for integration will be very helpful for all service providers and retailers using nopCommerce.

I highly recommend adding a decent set of REST API with full documentation how it needs to be used. Similar to something what Magento is having http://www.magentocommerce.com/api/rest/introduction.html

This will greatly enhance adoption of nopCommerce for the serious retailers as most of them will use it. Moreover, providing it also enables solution providers to come up with generic plugins for example, integration for salesforce or vtiger crm, integration for quickoffice or openerp or any other solution!

I agree a proper ASP.Net Web Api (http://www.asp.net/web-api) based nop API would be a valuable addition.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.