Product Attribute w/ SKU

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hello,

I'm sure this has come up but I can't figure out the best way to do this.

We have a widget. The widget comes in 2 sizes and 5 colors. When the customer selects the larger widget, $2.00 is added.

Sounds simple, right? It is until we have to track inventory. Each iteration of this widget exists in inventory and has an assigned SKU.

It would be great if each attribute could have a SKU and inventory fields, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I've tried grouped products, but listing 10 items under the main product just doesn't look good.

I've also tried associating a product to an attribute, but it adds the price of the associated product with main product. For example, my widget costs $5.00. The larger widget costs $7.00. When I setup an attribute and associate it with the larger widget, it will add $7.00 to the price of the main widget, making it cost $12.00.

I'm sure I've missed something here. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks a million!

Kevin
9 years ago
Have you looked at Attribute Combinations?  (They have SKU and Overridden Price)
9 years ago
That is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you so much!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.