nopCommerce vs Magento

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Magento Community Vs  NopCommerce

Main thing about SEO on any Ecommerce platform

Magento builds a thousands of inbound / outbound links and pages that will help a lot

on google indexing and more inportantly, you can easily source Magento experts within your budget price,

While NopCommerce never experienced, couple site in nopcommerce does not shown up on the google or other search engines

even domain name is exactly a product name..

So my thinking after having a multiple sites in the all platform, I would prefer for Magento

Any thoughts who have more experience in Organic and Paid SEO with nopCommerce?

mistcooling- Houston, Texas
9 years ago
mistcooling wrote:
Magento Community Vs  NopCommerce

Main thing about SEO on any Ecommerce platform

Magento builds a thousands of inbound / outbound links and pages that will help a lot

on google indexing and more inportantly, you can easily source Magento experts within your budget price,

While NopCommerce never experienced, couple site in nopcommerce does not shown up on the google or other search engines

even domain name is exactly a product name..

So my thinking after having a multiple sites in the all platform, I would prefer for Magento

Any thoughts who have more experience in Organic and Paid SEO with nopCommerce?

mistcooling- Houston, Texas

We served many clients with nopCommerce, and had earlier worked on Magento, Prestashop and OpenCart as well. From SEO perspective I don't agree with this opinion. nopCommerce is as good as other e-commerce platform when you are comparing SEO related features.  However, my personal opinion is that, nopCommerce is many times more easier and pleasant to work with compared to Magento. I am not an expert in this, but you should try both and decide which one you like the best, and then use it.

I suggest to go through this post if you're evaluating nopCommerce.
8 years ago
Hi,

I'm also debating Magento community edition vs nopcommerce.  One of my vendors in SE Asia is also on Magento ... not sure if they paid for the Enterprise version or if they're on the free/open community version.  Also, not sure if it would really be beneficial as their distributor to be on the same platform or not - as I suspect I'll not be getting a lot of development support from them directly.  I think my top priorities would be 1) PCI compliance out of the box, 2) Open source and a large established community of support 3) scalability ...  as a start up ... won't necessarily need to support a huge audience of concurrent users, but that would be the goal for down the road ... 4) PHP vs .net C.Sharp ... as a a platform base doesn't matter much to me as a novice it will all be learned on the fly.

Thanks in advance for any additional feedback.  Realizing this thread is fairly dated ...

Steve
7 years ago
Please also have a look at this comparison table - https://www.g2crowd.com/compare/nopcommerce-vs-magento-community-edition
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Please also have a look at this comparison table - https://www.g2crowd.com/compare/nopcommerce-vs-magento-community-edition

Nop is much better rated than Magento!!
7 years ago
Nop is also better rated than OpenCart and PrestaShop :https://www.g2crowd.com/compare/nopcommerce-vs-opencart-vs-prestashop
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.