email not working

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi,

I have configured my email as following details.And it is working fine with test email.I am using my own domain email.But while registration not getting email.or forgot password email also not sending me.while making order end user not receiving confirmation email.I mean overall my website not sending any email to end user.Please help me out in this issue.
I am using 3.30 version. I have ssl as well.

email address:[email protected]
email display name:info
host: smtp.mydomain.com
port : 587
user:[email protected]
password: password
SSL: unchecked false
user default credentials : unchecked false

Test Email has been successfully sent.
9 years ago
danishjee wrote:

I mean overall my website not sending any email to end user.Please help me out in this issue.
Test Email has been successfully sent.

Are the emails listed in your order Message Queue?... Have you made any changes to the source code?  

I ran into a similar problem with one hosting company.  The test email worked but then the other emails were not going through.  It turned out that the email server had gone down after the test was sent out and that was causing the problem.
9 years ago
Suddenly it works.
Few days ago I was change my hosting and I was transfer my nopcomerce database and hosting data to other hosting server.
And I did not change Connection String setting.It was still showing old hosting database connection string.So I changed under App_Code/Settings.txt connection string.But still it is saving data in old hosting company.I dont know why.But my email was working fine after this.
9 years ago
I am having similar issues with email sending outbound. I am using Zoho Email (https://www.zoho.com/mail/) as my provider and they have simple email SMTP settings found here: https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/zoho-smtp.html

After entering these creds into NopCommerce > Configuration > Email Accounts...

email acct:  [email protected]
email display name:  Trademark Trailers Website
host:  smtp.zoho.com
port: 465
user: [email protected]
password: **************
SSL: checked (I've tried both checked and unchecked)
Use default creds: unchecked (again, tried both checked and unchecked)

I can login without problems directly to Zoho email webpage so I know the credentials are not wrong. The system spins and finally displays a red bar across the top stating: "The operation has timed out."

Send test email: fails to send with same timeout error.

Any suggestions would go a long way.

Thanks
9 years ago
monigala wrote:
I am having similar issues with email sending outbound. I am using Zoho Email (https://www.zoho.com/mail/) as my provider and they have simple email SMTP settings found here: https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/zoho-smtp.html

After entering these creds into NopCommerce > Configuration > Email Accounts...

email acct:  [email protected]
email display name:  Trademark Trailers Website
host:  smtp.zoho.com
port: 465
user: [email protected]
password: **************
SSL: checked (I've tried both checked and unchecked)
Use default creds: unchecked (again, tried both checked and unchecked)

I can login without problems directly to Zoho email webpage so I know the credentials are not wrong. The system spins and finally displays a red bar across the top stating: "The operation has timed out."

Send test email: fails to send with same timeout error.

Any suggestions would go a long way.

Thanks

Double check the port, port should be different for of SSL and non SSL
Normally for non SSL port is  587 ( or 25) and for SSL 465
9 years ago
Upon further investigation, this is user error (me). I was entering an old password for the username credentials. When I attempted to validate the creds I was using, I visited the external website then it must have pre-filled the password field with saved data because it logged me right in and I didn't even consider that as an option. Yes I am now using port 587 and have checked the SSL box. I have confirmed the emails are sending as expected. Thank you!!
8 years ago
I have the same problem with the "time out operation" after the port is set to 465 and the SSL is checked, but I spoke with my host administrator and he saw that when I try to send email from my own domain it is secure (because I own SSL certificate) and I can use port 25 without concerns. That is why it can't manage to make secure connection, because (if I understood correctly) it is internal and safe (you send emails from the server where you website is hosted).
6 years ago
have same problem any solution.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.