nopCommerce 3.60 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi,

I've prepared a draft of the roadmap for the next version of nopCommerce (3.60). Here are some of the most interesting ones:

- Web farm support (postponed)
- Ability to assign catalog price per currency (postponed)
- New modern public store theme (almost done)
- Move to ASP.NET vNext (if released in the near time)
- And a lot of other enhancements

I know some of these work items were postponed several times. I hope all of them will be done in version 3.60. You can find all existing work items for this version here.

Estimate release time - May 2015 (5 months).
UPDATE 1: Postponed until the beginning of June 2015
UPDATE 2: Release date is June 15th

P.S. Looking at "roadmap" topics for previous versions I see that a lot of people used them for feature and enhancement suggestions. Of course it's very good that our community is so active. We highly appreciate it. But this way these topics became very bloated with minor suggestions or just questions. Could you please use dedicated Suggestions and Feedback for such purposes? Let's use this topic only for some more general discussion of version 3.60 or really significant features.
9 years ago
Great roadmap as always. Thank you.
9 years ago
maybe incorporate a faceted search which is a way a lot of major ecommerce sites are going....For example amazon. nopCommerce is a great product no complaints here.
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:

- New modern public store theme (most probably)

This is a key issue for Nop future growth.
IMHO Nop should have 2 themes: One with a very attractive and flexible design  (default) for end users (store owners who download a install their own store), and another very simple for developers. See more details here. Sample products in demo  should be changed because some of them look obsolete and outdated.
9 years ago
Hi Andrei,
I read the roadmap and is fine.
There's a topic though that I think requre greatest attention now.
NopCommerce is a great cart but is too limited on itself. There are too few plgins and themes (many really expensive, others get lost from one release to the next) compared to other well known carts. It doesn't integrate with other CMS (Wordpress basically). This is a real limit - you and your team cannot do everything.
Most of the plugins do limited tasks: carousels, SEO, menus, etc. Not really much. For instance, there's nothing releated to events or time and place concerns (travels, events, etc.). The reason in my opinion is that development is too complex and expensive.
I think that these aspects are crucial now. I can give just a few suggestions here - hoping this post will open a costructive discussion:
1) You should setup a real shop, as Prestashop, Magento, etc., better than the current one. Plugins should be somehow "certified" and tested, in order to allow us (your customers) to buy them with ease
2) Plugins should be backward compatable where possible. This neans that a mere re-compilation should be enough, otherwise many of them will go lost
3) There's should be the real possibility to develop applications that extends significally NopCommerce that may survive from one release to the next
These are just ideas, maybe can be of some help.
9 years ago
hi Andrei once again great job

Hope u will finish vendors support in the next version:

vendor front page  
split orders and payments by vendors
vendor price and store commission for each products
invoices by vendors
add vendors to order tables and reports (most important), calculating vendors payments is almost impossible with the current reports  

I run a vendors based store and had to make many changes to the core code

thank u

One more, please add a highlight mouse over effect to admin row grids
9 years ago
Andrei,

I see that in 3.50 you removed Purchase Order Number from Order entity
>> PurchaseOrderNumber (prop of Order entity in 3.40) was removed from the datamodel.
>> Now it's stored into "CustomValues" property of "Order" entity (in serialized format)

I think that was premature.  I hope you will consider for 3.60 this workitem:
Purchase Order Number entry for any payment type
9 years ago
About the web farm support (workitem ), I can not imagine why there are NOT so many complaints about the performance regarding to less support for performance.
If there is only one worker process (as by default) runing on one server, it CAN NOT handle many (I mean less than 20) conccurent users. Is it just me or do you guys all have big crazy fast server?? I mean, we need more more worker processes to handle more incoming requests.
Once we did an online advertisement via social network, and the visitors count suddenly increased from 10 to 50, and my Nopcommerce just crashed!

I agree with the workitem's comment that ppl suggested: the plan was too ambitious to realize within one release, that's why it is postponed again and again. And yet i see it as very crucial issue, above all other features, to be able to handle more incoming requests.

So Andrei, again my suggest, if it is too much work to finish web farm support, at least split down to small work items, like support web garden first (I wrote to you in my last post). There with that code modifcation I could finally prevent duplicate emails and start using web garden with 5 worker processes, and be able to handle 50+ concurrent users. Yet things like clearing cache among processes and so on, need a thorough rework on many places.
PS. NOT all of us will use Windows Azure Services in the future.

Again, thanks for your GREAT work!
9 years ago
Roadmap for 3.60 is looking good - Thanks Andrei !!!
9 years ago
hezyz wrote:
hi Andrei once again great job

Hope u will finish vendors support in the next version:

vendor front page  
split orders and payments by vendors
vendor price and store commission for each products
invoices by vendors
add vendors to order tables and reports (most important), calculating vendors payments is almost impossible with the current reports  

I run a vendors based store and had to make many changes to the core code

thank u

One more, please add a highlight mouse over effect to admin row grids

Hi Andrei,

add on to the above features from Hezyz,

- Vendor can upload product images to specific folder which assign by Admin
(prevent to access other vendor or admin images).
- Vendor can link to one of configured store for Multi-store web site.
- Vendor can should separate Live Chat for any question from customers.

I hope so that you can finish on the next version.

Thank,
Mick
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.