Better Blog Feature

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
The best suggestion I can make is a much better Blog interface (both on the admin side and user side). What needs to be on the blog are features such as automatic post to twitter and Facebook when posts are created, the use of tags and authors of the posts and meta data control per post. This would allow Google and other sites to index the site thus generating more traffic.

Another feature that would be awesome is limiting the amount of post that are displayed on the blog page on the user side to control page load times. Right now the blog is shown in its entirety. So if you have a 100 entries with pictures and other data, all that data is loaded on one page thus making the page load times take forever. We need to be able to control the amount of posts that are shown at one time to increase load times and then allow the user to look in the archives. So basically, for example, the blog.aspx page would show the 10 most recent entries on page 1 and the 10 more on page 2, so forth and so on.

This would be a much better user interface and really allow sites to index the store more efficiently.
14 years ago
I agree
13 years ago
I'm new to nopCommerce, but agree this is very needed feature.  With an enhanced blog tool, nopCommerce would be an all inclusive site for webmaster --- blog, forum, and ecommerce all in a single site with a single login --- developers dream.
13 years ago
I'm shure it wood be good to include twitter, Facebook and others in the Blog. Please could somwhere who can programm that answer here how hard it is to programm something like that, time and cost.

best
akrenn
13 years ago
Im thinking like implementing WordPress in with the site. WordPress has great functionality but I have no idea on how you would implement it without an entire separate area with the site
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.