Website Forum Privacy Issues

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Right now, our site shows a user's email address if any user:
a) Searches for any terms in our forum (it will list all forum topics that apply, and show the user's email address user "Author")
b) "Watches Topic," and then a new post in that topic appears (for instance, if I watch a topic, when a new post is made I receive an email notification that includes the post author's email address).

I can turn off the ability to Watch Topic (b above), but I haven't solved the Search concern (a).  

Anybody have a quick solution to put in place, in the Admin interface, while we develop a better long-term plan?

Can we turn Search functionality off?
Can we hide "Author" from the search results list?
9 years ago
Locknload wrote:
Right now, our site shows a user's email address if any user

You should enable usernames for you website instead of using the emails for login.  You can change it here:

Admin ->Configuration -> Settings -> Customer Settings

Check the "Username enabled"

As shown here:

http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/Setting/CustomerUser

If you already have customers I think it will put there email as the username as default.  You will need to update the usernames to something else.

I think this should take care of all your problems.
9 years ago
Tim2376 wrote:
Right now, our site shows a user's email address if any user

You should enable usernames for you website instead of using the emails for login.  You can change it here:

Admin ->Configuration -> Settings -> Customer Settings

Check the "Username enabled"

As shown here:

http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/Setting/CustomerUser

If you already have customers I think it will put there email as the username as default.  You will need to update the usernames to something else.

I think this should take care of all your problems.

That's exactly what I was looking for (and I'm not at all a tech-minded guy, I'm in marketing for a small company).  Thank you thank you thank you so much.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.