Where is Database connection string/ Settings.txt on nopCommerce3.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
I still don't get why the core team decided to put the connection string in a text file..I'm sure there is some logical reason?
8 years ago
I'm sure it's an argument of security.  Since most know to look in the web.config, they could get access to your database as well.  BUT they have to be able to HACK INTO YOUR SERVER first.  Like I said, it's an argument. In my 15 years of .net web development, I've heard it all and still prefer to use other means of security as moving the connection string all around is very annoying.
8 years ago
hrdfsique wrote:
I'm sure it's an argument of security.  Since most know to look in the web.config, they could get access to your database as well.  BUT they have to be able to HACK INTO YOUR SERVER first.  Like I said, it's an argument. In my 15 years of .net web development, I've heard it all and still prefer to use other means of security as moving the connection string all around is very annoying.

LOL... or it might be just as simple as... it was easier for them to write a textfile of the new string (created during setup) then write to the web.config file from code... somehow I think this might be the ticket.... again LOL.
8 years ago
Thank You
7 years ago
i am not able to find setting.txt file in nopcommerece project at the location 'Nop.web/app_data/'. Anybody can help me.
7 years ago
You have to select 'SHOW ALL FILES' from the opcions above the project in the solution explorer.
Good Luck.
5 years ago
Please look for "dataSettings.json" in Nop.web project.

This is the file where you have to define a connection string. It include
{
  "DataProvider": "", // provider: SqlServer
  "DataConnectionString": null, // update the null with connection string
  "RawDataSettings": {}
}
5 years ago
anandt is right.
In nopCommerce 4.1, you can copy the content from \\Presentation\Nop.Web\App_Data\dataSettings.json
and paste it to IIS under e.g. C:\inetpub\wwwroot\[Folder Name]\App_Data\dataSettings.json
3 years ago
Connection string is not in settings.txt file. It is in dataSetttings.json.
Nop.Web>>App_Data>>dataSettings.json
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.