Upgrading from V1.4 to V1.5, Security Exception

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I have the same issue.  Unblocking the Zip file didnt help for me.

I am 32 bit, and app default pool is applied.

Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
14 years ago
This has worked for me after unblocking, but there is another step I needed to do.

Run as Administrator:
cmd -> iisrestart
14 years ago
This threw me off as well. I converted two sites on my local install without any issues, but when I started upgrading my hosted sites, I started getting server error messages.  I finally tried the unlock zip file process and redeployed all the files and it started working.  

"This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer"

Apparently, this started way back with XP SP2 and Vista SP1.

When you download files Windows appends a "Zone Identifier" alternate data stream (supported in NTFS) to each file. If it's an archive, when you expand it each file within will also have the identified appended. The Windows shell is aware of this stream and this is the reason why the message gets displayed in the file properties dialog. Once you "Unblock" the stream is removed. IE is also aware of this alternate stream and it won't allow any code / .htc files to execute if they have the stream appended.

Here's a handy utility to remove these:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897440.aspx

Another solution is to copy files to a drive formatted with FAT and back. The alternate data streams can't be saved to FAT and get stripped.

Just another way that MS is looking out for us.  It's one headache or another I guess.
14 years ago
Baden, you may want to check the file system has appropriate permissions on.

To start with add "everyone" with full permissions to the nop folders only and the IISreset and check again.

If that works, you know its a permissions issue and then start by removing everyone permissions and then adding NETWORK SERVICE and any other accounts your using for the app pool identity and the IIS_WPG group.

Rgs
14 years ago
Welvorines

I sorted mine out, but needed to run an IIS reset first.
14 years ago
Guys (having this issue),

Could you download new package and confirm that the problem still exists?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.