Alert "Error happened" at admin side

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
I got this error message when ajax is processing and I click a other button at admin site.
Example: I have list of product attributes, I click "delete" buttons very fast, when that the first process don't finish yet, the second request is calling, "Error happened" message is shown.
Please help me resolve it
9 years ago
This is how KendoUI grid works. Each grid has "error" handler:
error: function(e) {
   display_kendoui_grid_error(e);
   // Cancel the changes
   this.cancelChanges();
},

If some error happens, then this event is fired. And "display_kendoui_grid_error" method display the error.

If you do not want to see any errors in grid, then do the following:
1. Open \Scripts\admin.common.js file
2. Find "display_kendoui_grid_error" method
3. Empty it. Replace it with
function display_kendoui_grid_error(e) {
}
8 years ago
Nice,
But what caused this error alert ?
Do you agree with that because the nopCommerce takes a lot of memory, as they say in this discussion
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/29616/error-happened.aspx  ??
8 years ago
If you're getting that error, then you should first check the System > Log.  Also, you may need to use the browser's debugger - check the network tab (see what ajax is returning) and console tab see if any errors.
8 years ago
I only have that error on the admin side with internet explorer. Firefox is doing well. If any browser should display that too, I postback
8 years ago
I just had this same thing happen to me. It only happens when I first load the page with the admin dashboard. If I click on another link before everything has loaded I get the javascript alert "error happened". There is no real error. It just means you clicked on a link before the kendo grid fully loaded.
8 years ago
It happens always with Android smartphones as you hopen home page administrative, the event is fired.
8 years ago
a.m. wrote:
This is how KendoUI grid works. Each grid has "error" handler:
error: function(e) {
   display_kendoui_grid_error(e);
   // Cancel the changes
   this.cancelChanges();
},

If some error happens, then this event is fired. And "display_kendoui_grid_error" method display the error.

If you do not want to see any errors in grid, then do the following:
1. Open \Scripts\admin.common.js file
2. Find "display_kendoui_grid_error" method
3. Empty it. Replace it with
function display_kendoui_grid_error(e) {
}

Yes, it helped. I keep getting error every time I load up dashboard and add products.
7 years ago
I know I'm diggin up an old thread, but this was just happening to me. And after watching the console for AJAX errors, I was seeing that all of my XHR requests were being redirected to lowercase versions of themselves. Normally, I implement this for SEO reasons, but it's unnecessary.

I turned it off, and voila, no more 301s to lowercase AJAX requests, that XHR won't follow. No more 404s after 301s.
6 years ago
Which setting is this?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.