1.5 - insert pictures against a topic

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Is it just me, or is it not possible now (in 1.5) to insert a picture against a topic?  There used to be a icon in the WYSIWIG HTML editor to do this.  But it doesnt seem to be there in the latest HTML editor.
14 years ago
It looks like you will have to use a some basic html to insert images.
14 years ago
yeah, the editor in 1.4 seemed to be more functional (though it could sometimes be unreliable) wonder why they changed?
14 years ago
I wonder how difficult it would be to put the 1.40 into the 1.50 version.
14 years ago
Hi..

We are now using the Text editor which is supplied with AjaxControlToolkit. This is a great text editor in my opion as it is lightweight and compact.

You could easlily change this within your application, before FCKeditor was used.. You would need to download or use old files if you upgraded Nop. Make sure you paste the FCKeditor.dll into /bin and change this in web.config

<add tagPrefix="HTMLEditor" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit.HTMLEditor" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"/>

to

<add tagPrefix="HTMLEditor" namespace="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" assembly="FredCK.FCKeditorV2"/>

Then add this (for image uploading)

<add key="FCKeditor:BasePath" value="~/editors/fckeditor/" /> This is where the editors files are located
<add key="FCKeditor:UserFilesPath" value="~/images/" />

under <appSettings> section of web.config

hope this helps..

mike..
14 years ago
The new text editor does seem more "consistent".  The old one was more tempermental and trying, albeit more functionally rich
14 years ago
i prefer the new one.

in my opinion only important thing missing is the image uploading/insert functionality

not really an issue for those who manage the site themselves but if you have a client who, for example wants to add images to blogs, categories, topics  etc   they are going to have to upload images to somewhere like photobucket then link to them from their site
14 years ago
Haydie

So far, I agree with you, much better, and although i might find other missing functionality later, pictures is the only ine i have found to date.

Ideally topics etc. would have a pictures tab, like products, that would allow the user to upload the images.

I prefer to keep my images in the database.  NOP 1.4 html editor didnt allow this, and stored them on the file system which I though was a little sloppy.  With a picture tab in topics etc. this would allow storing images in the database.
14 years ago
1) Talking about 1.4version, when we use Fckeditor to upload images, once it gets uploaded there is no way to delete those images, why ? Is there any alternative to delete those images ? or if we are not using any image it has to be deleted manually by going into project folder on the server ?

2) So according to current Ajax HTML Editor, as there is no way to upload any picture, there is no way to upload images in the main topics too ? like homepage , about us page etc ? so we cannot have any image on our homepage with current HTML Editor ?
14 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
2) So according to current Ajax HTML Editor, as there is no way to upload any picture, there is no way to upload images in the main topics too ? like homepage , about us page etc ? so we cannot have any image on our homepage with current HTML Editor ?

You can click "<>" button to switch to "HTML text" mode and use "img" tag to insert an image
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.