Nop 3.1 High Memory and CPU usage. Arvixe claiming website code.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I think that this issue stems from the NOP core itself. Take a minute to read through this entire post and you will soon realize that there is not a whole lot of rhyme or reason to when this is happening. We use product attributes to build kits here and we had one kit that had 15 parts in it (so 15 product attributes). All 15 of these parts were products themselves. As soon as we deleted that kit, the CPU stopped pegging out. We still have slow downs every once in a while but we have minimized them by keeping product attribute number down, putting a cap on SQL Server resource usage (which we host on the same server), and keeping up maintenance. Don't get me wrong, I love Nop, but there does seem to be some sloppy architecture in the design that is the real cause of this problem.
7 years ago
It started today.. 100% cpu all the time. IIS restarted, APP pool restarted and 100% backs on exact time the app is restarted.

No new plugin installed. No AV is installed. Site is not being hacked by DDOS or other attack method (cloudflare support is monitoring)

Nop 3.7, SQL 14 express, 1GB database, 4K products on a godaddy xeon server with 16GB RAM running 1 site only. Site has 50-80 users at same time.

All schedule tasks have been stopped, no results.

301 redirect plugin (700 urls) and site is running normal again.

Im not sure if it was causing it because noone new url was added today.

Do you have any clue or tip do help me find the problem?
7 years ago
Hello,

I know that this is a very frustrating problem to have. Since my last post, we have been having this issue on and off. I have a feeling that part of the problem is some of the custom plugins and core changes that we have made ourselves but I feel strongly that there are still some code buried in nop's core that causes a lot of these problems. One of the main things that we have found to help is to treat the server like royalty. We do all of the updates and patches as soon as they surface and we also keep a keen eye on database backups. If you are using plesk and have it set up to do auto backups then you have to watch harddrive capacity. If it gets anywhere near full, the site will slow down so bad that you will time out. Another thing that nop doesnt handle very well are the live filters on the site. We are an automotive company so we have a lot of filters. When there are lots of people on the site ising those filters, it slows down.

Hopefully one of these suggestions help. If you are receiving errors, the stack trace and google can usually help target in on the problem. Good luck.
7 years ago
@JSimms2370,

Thanks for your concern.

I believe the problem is not related to user navigation, we used to have more than 100 users at same time and pool CPU was always under 30%. Even on spikes.

Our nop core is customized too and we have no more than 20 plugins installed. The big question is the CPU overload started without any site/app change.

We also have a 30mins SQL backup but it was never related to site slowing down or high cpu.

It just started again.. 100% cpu load right now.

301 plugin appears to be not related to this issue!
7 years ago
Just to clarify, when I say high CPU loads, it is the site w3wp.exe pool that is causing it, not another windows process consuming all CPU and causing site to be slow.
7 years ago
Taz wrote:
We have our own virtual servers in a data centre.  I use one as an application server and the other as the data server.

There are a stack of errors in the logs but the common one is "Error while running the 'Send emails' schedule task. An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details."  The email test works fine so I don't know why this would be failing except if it is trying to send while the server is hanging.  Nothing I can see looks like it would hang the server though, every error appears to result from a hung server not allowing a nopCommerce process to complete.

I have made very minor customisation to files in the 'View' directories.  Only things like adding 'clearfix' to the product specifications file so that FireFox would display specification data.  I've also uninstalled unused plugins so I'm using only one that is not part of the default install.

Looking at the server log files in the systems logs indicates that something is trying to access printers via terminal services and is generating an error when the drivers are not found.  These errors are occurring at nearly exactly the same time as server hangs.  I've raised a help request with our virtual server provider to investigate the server log errors.

I know it's an old post but this may help a future reader.  These errors are typical of a Remote Desktop connection.  You need to check the logs for a user login event.  The server may have been compromised and is being used to send SPAM or spread malware.
The user login event would give you the source IP of the client.  This can be used to determine if the access was authorized.

I recommend to always use firewall rules to block all access to RDP except for an authorized list of IPs.
6 years ago
We are experiencing all of these issues and on 3.7, we keep having the CPU peg but we have no idea whats causing it. Turned every scheduled task and uninstalled tons of plugins??
6 years ago
Is your site hosted or local?
6 years ago
New York wrote:
Is your site hosted or local?

hosted at amazon ec2
6 years ago
On our 3.9 site Everleap shut us down because the site was consuming too many resources on the sql server. If your web site and database are on the same machine, do take the time to see if sql server is running up a big ticket. Specifically when populating category pages built from a query.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.