Application started after upgrade 3.5 to 3.6

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hi,

Since we upgraded to 3.6 the site is very slow, we noticed that the application seem to be restarting every few minutes. now i read a similar post on the forum and they said they got there ISP to increase the memory and that worked. Well I have a dedicated server so i manage the IIS server and i have tried many things and this will not go away. we are running on server 2012 R2 with iis 8.5. I have tried. setting idle timeout to 0. This means it should not try restart, but it still does I have set the virtual memory and physical memory to 0 which means unlimited memory allocation. But still nothing. I have tried creating a web garden, increasing the number worker processes, to 4 and it spawns them all and still getting Application Started in the log. We also fine tuned the store to not load locals on startup. Although we are running a little quicker it still has this info in the log. I have noticed that it could cause this when we login. Is on a few times the site has been fast and when I try login it takes a while and i check the log and there is the message.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.. Also if you can perhaps tell me where the application calls the restart maybe we can figure it from there. Or possible disable this.

Thanks very Much
Mark
7 years ago
I have the same after move site To a new server. Do you have resolved? How?
7 years ago
me too,but once the application started, the CUP is 100%
7 years ago
In your opinion it is something related to server performance or is an issue of nopcommerce?

I am not able to understand the root cause of the issue.
7 years ago
Any suggestion from nopcommerce team?

Customers continue to say that site suddenly is slow and in the same time 'application started' is logged into log page.

Please suggest how to understand the root cause.

We have already done many checks with provider (dedicated server) and also move pictures to file system but we have the same issue.
7 years ago
Same issue with nopcommerce 3.8
7 years ago
andreacaffy wrote:
Please suggest how to understand the root cause.

Have a look at this post I wrote about logging an Application_End event, it might give you some insight into what's causing the restarts.
7 years ago
Also, if you are seeing "Application started" in the system log frequently, then it is likely because the keep-alive isn't working.

Check your scheduled task to ensure that the Keep-alive is enabled, and your store settings to ensure that the store URL is correct..this is what the keep-alive attempts to load when the task runs...which keeps your site awake, preventing the reload of all the assemblies.

I've seen others complain about their keep-alives no longer working, and they remedied the situation by subscribing to a 3rd party ping service..which essentially tries to load your page every so often, preventing it from going to sleep.
7 years ago
Keep Alive is active.

for which reason could not work correctly?

All checks of the site are passed and so also the url is correct.

which specific parameter do you think need to be checked?

My site is on a subdomain.
site.domain.com
7 years ago
andreacaffy wrote:
Keep Alive is active.

for which reason could not work correctly?

All checks of the site are passed and so also the url is correct.

which specific parameter do you think need to be checked?

My site is on a subdomain.
site.domain.com

1. You have full URL configured in Store settings:
Configuration >> Stores >> Edit >> Store URL:  http://site.domain.com/

2. Your keep-alive scheduled task is enabled.

If those are both true, and if you are seeing "Application started" in your system log, it is because either the link in top right corner of admin was clicked (Restart Application), or the site was restarted in IIS, or your keep-alive just isn't working for some unknown reason.

You can sign up for a free account with a website monitoring service like http://uptimerobot.com/
They will ping your website every 5 minutes to make sure it is up...and by doing so, it will keep your site alive.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.