EMail not working

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hi

I am using the latest nopCommerce version 3.60 and trying to configure the new email account. However, it always says "Failure sending email". I've tried couple of options using SSL, default credentials and others. Below is the entry that gets logged when I try to send a test email using send test email to..... Kindly help

System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 173.201.192.229:25 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.ServicePoint.GetConnection(PooledStream PooledStream, Object owner, Boolean async, IPAddress& address, Socket& abortSocket, Socket& abortSocket6) at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, Boolean async, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback) at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback) at System.Net.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback, Int32 creationTimeout) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(ServicePoint servicePoint) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.GetConnection(ServicePoint servicePoint) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.GetConnection() at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) at Nop.Services.Messages.EmailSender.SendEmail(EmailAccount emailAccount, String subject, String body, String fromAddress, String fromName, String toAddress, String toName, String replyTo, String replyToName, IEnumerable`1 bcc, IEnumerable`1 cc, String attachmentFilePath, String attachmentFileName, Int32 attachedDownloadId) at Nop.Services.Messages.QueuedMessagesSendTask.Execute()
8 years ago
Are you sure your email server working fine?
8 years ago
Yes, I have been able to send emails using my outlook with the same email account configured.
8 years ago
Hello

Please check below links
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/37481/email-configuration-shows-error.aspx

Don't forget to click on Change Password button for saving the password

Hope it will help
8 years ago
Hi Vipul

I checked everything and providing the actual email password and clicking on the Change Password button also so that it gets saved. However, I am still getting the same failure message. Do I need to click on any of the checkboxes also given below in the email configuration. My website is hosted using GoDaddy.
8 years ago
i think then its your email account information issue.

Try to get proper SMTP information from your email server.
you need to use proper SMTP info with port,smtp server etc all things.
8 years ago
I have 2 nop 3.60 and one nop 3.50 hosted all 3 on 3 different smarterasp.net and on all 3 emails doesnt work. When I try to send test email I get "Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: <[email protected]> No such user here"

Also emails worked fine, and now in message queue also emails are not sent.

this is from log error

8 years ago
ok I found solution lol.

go to configuration/email accounts

and add new email account (I added same email with same details) click save.
now that new one/second one make to be default. click now on EDIT of first on which is not marked as default now and click on delete. Emails working now in all 3 nop websites :D
8 years ago
I tried couple of approaches but none of them seems to be working. Even there is no log generated or nothing goes to the Message queue when I try to send a test mail. It simply says "Failure sending email"

Kindly help ????
8 years ago
It will not generate any message queue when you send test mail.

Tripple check your configuration and please follow step as per above description if not successful then I am sure its your email information issue that you are using
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.