EMail not working

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
salimdewani wrote:
Hello Everyone.
I am having the same issue.
email configuration is perfect.
Test email send - no problem. I am receiving the test email in 2 seconds.

Problem is.. Message queue is not served. says 0 attempts made.
and the queue is sitting for ever and never getting served.

tried checking the message templete,
sending test email from templete sits in the queue and not getting served as well.

Please post any suggestion if anyone knows the solution for this.

Really appreciate it guys.

Check the system >> schedule task

Is email sending task is activated ??

If no active it and restart the application
8 years ago
How to get email working in nopcomerce 3.7
- go to Configuration > Email accounts use test email ([email protected]), dont add other email account
- modify it adding your mail server data (supplied by windows server website access panel)
- if send test is passed your aplication will send emails

(See System->log, System > Message queue, System > Schedule tasks)
Especially look at System > Message queue, Sent on field will show the date and time of the sent mails
7 years ago
For Nop 3.8 starwriter post above and all the other instructions in this post did it for me.
Nop email seams to be really finicky in setup if not done correctly. Also comment with saving password by vipul.dumaniya plays crucial role:

"Don't forget to click on Change Password button for saving the password"

Do not expect emails stock in Message queue to be sent after you get it working when you click Run Task in Schedule tasks, for some reason this is not retroactive....
7 years ago
interborder wrote:

Do not expect emails stock in Message queue to be sent after you get it working when you click Run Task in Schedule tasks, for some reason this is not retroactive....

Little bit confuse what you are trying to say if any issue let us know.
7 years ago
It means that I had emails in Message queue from yesterday and before and when I got email working today and try to send this old emails in Message queue by clicking Run Now in Schedule Tasks they did not send.

I hope this sounds clear and thanks for your help, we beginners appreciate your help  :))
7 years ago
is the pending message queue is using the same FROM email address/account that is working now ??

bcoz if it using other email account then may be that the issue.

also once check the no of sent attempt for message queues may be it reach the max attempt limit and not sending.

also make sure that Schedule task is active and if you just modified it don't forget to restart the application.
6 years ago
Hi guys, latest problem with my email not working was caused by changing password in email client which caused it to stop working on the system side. It took me several days to figure this out. The symptoms were that I was receiving 3 instances of any massage generated by the system to my inbox. And I did not know that customers were not receiving the same messages generated by the system to their inboxes. Also Message queue was showing messages not send.
It finally strike me upon reading above posts:

"Don't forget to click on Change Password button for saving the password"

after I entered the new password in the Email accounts -> edit -> "your account" and changed it.
That's all it took.
Just a friendly remainder....
3 years ago
Hi,

I am using a godaddy server and outlook mail. I cannot get the email SMTP acount to work. It seems simple enough, I enter my credentials save my password and it should work...but it doesnt. I have read through and tried everything listed in this forum and nothing has helped.  Any suggetions??

Host: smtp.office365.com
Port: 587 or 465
SSL : Checked and unchecked doesnt work, I tried with with both ports.
Yes, I saved my password :)
2 years ago
How do I restart the application?

vipul.dumaniya wrote:
is the pending message queue is using the same FROM email address/account that is working now ??

bcoz if it using other email account then may be that the issue.

also once check the no of sent attempt for message queues may be it reach the max attempt limit and not sending.

also make sure that Schedule task is active and if you just modified it don't forget to restart the application.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.