State Abbreviations

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
I need some help with this one.  I have checked the boards and read the doc, but I cannot find a reference to this issue.  I see where a country's state abbreviations are available in the administrative screen.  Is there a way for NOPCommerce to store the customer's billing and shipping address using the state abbreviations instead of the names?  I am on v3.60.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard
8 years ago
nopCommerce "stores" addresses in the [Address] table, and address's state is referenced by Id - [StateProvinceId].

Please clarify what you are trying to do  (change what is displayed? where?)
8 years ago
When I look at the address associated with an order, the address displays the full state name and not the abbreviation (Texas vs. TX), and the webservice API we use to download the orders is also picking up the full name of the state vs. the abbreviation.  Because all packages are mailed / shipped using the state abbreviation (not the full name), this can cause some problems when the conversion is made.  

In looking into the problem, it appears one solution may be to copy all of the state abbreviations in the table to the state names field.  

Richard
8 years ago
RE:  webservice API we use to download the orders
What web service?  3rd party?  Maybe they can adjust it.    What external system are you loading order data into?  Maybe the Import can adjust it.

RE:  "solution may be to copy all of the state abbreviations in the table to the state names field.  "
You could, but it would also affect the names shown to customers
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.