Re-Sizing Pictures

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Does anyone have a solution for bulk re-resizing images on a Nopcommerce site? When we first made our website, we didn't re-size the photos. Some of them were really big. Now we are trying to go back and do it but the image path in Nop gets changed to .jpeg and when I use any software, like FastStone Photo Resizer, it changes them to .jpg. Because the file path is not 100% same, I'm getting a bunch of errors. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
8 years ago
Hi there, Is the issue the file sizes are too big rather than the actual image dimensions your change in media settings? If so we had this issue, what I did was download all the images in the image folder .../Content/Images sort them by type e.g. .png, .gif and .jpeg and place them on a local file in separate folders. Using Photoshop we used the image processor function for each folder ensuring that the image file extension and name is not altered in the process. You can simply leave Photoshop running without any effort!
Simply re-upload the images back into the original folder, overwriting the large unnecessary files. Backup ../Content/Images folder first to ensure that if you go wrong along the way you can restore the images. I found that if I got the process wrong, the product image simply disappeared and the default 'no image' appeared.
Hope this helps,
Best regards,
James
8 years ago
Hi again, One last thing, to change the image extension from .jpg to .jpeg I used a free bulk file renaming software 'Bulk Rename Utility', the file extension does not affect the file. see here;
http://superuser.com/questions/367834/is-there-any-drawback-to-just-renaming-jpeg-files-to-jpg
Best regards,
James
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.