Taxes Different Countries

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi

I live in Australia and we have GST. I have setup th taxes so it shows and adds GST to my products. I'm happy with this.

If the client lives in say the United States the we do not charge GST on the product.

I have set this up so "Tax by country & state" show United States as 0% and Australia as 10%

What is happening at checkout is that GST (TAX) is not being removed from the subtotal. It does however not show a sum in the TAX field.

Eg.

Australia Totals

Sub-Total: $159.23 incl tax
Shipping:   $4.35
Tax:   $14.48
Total:   $163.58

United States Totals

Sub-Total: $159.23 incl tax  *** This should be $159.23 less 10%
Shipping:   $9.30
Tax:   $0.00
Total:   $168.53

As can be seen above the overseas client is still paying the Tax it's just that the Tax amount is not shown in the Tax field.

Some Settings below.

Tax Settings  

Prices include tax:    YES
Allow customers to select tax display type:    NO
Tax display type:   Including Tax
Display tax suffix:   YES
Hide zero tax:  NO    
Hide tax in order summary:  NO  
Tax based on:  Shipping Address
Default Country:   Australia  
Default State / Province:   Other (Non us)  
Default Zip / Postal code:    
Shipping is taxable:  NO  
Payment method additional fee is taxable: NO

Tax by country & state

United States  *  *  GST   0.0000 Edit Delete
Australia  *  *  GST   10.0000 Edit Delete

Product Information

Tax exempt:    NO
Tax category:   GST  

Can this be easily fixed in the source code? Can someone give me so tips on what coding to change?
14 years ago
saeb wrote:
Tax based on:  Shipping Address
Default Country:   Australia  
Default State / Province:   Other (Non us)  
Default Zip / Postal code:

Everything is correct. Your tax is based on shipping address which is entered during checkout (but it's unknown until 'Select shipping address' checkout page is filled out). In this case default address is used for tax calculation (until shipping address is entered). And your default shipping address is Australia (10%) according to your settings.
14 years ago
Sound correct, but I created 1 customer with and Australian address which is the first figures and then also created a United States customer with a United States shipping address, this is the 2nd lot of figures.

Wouldnt the customer from the united states overide my default Australia when it is shipping overseas?
14 years ago
On a further note these figures at after postage has been calculated so shipping address has already been entered.
14 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
Everything is correct. Your tax is based on shipping address which is entered during checkout (but it's unknown until 'Select shipping address' checkout page is filled out). In this case default address is used for tax calculation (until shipping address is entered). And your default shipping address is Australia (10%) according to your settings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Would someone atleat have any ideas on how to change the following in code or atleast where it chcks shipping address and removes th figure from TAX?

Current Australia Totals

Sub-Total: $159.23 incl tax
Shipping:   $4.35
Tax:   $14.48
Total:   $163.58

**** Above is Correct

Current United States Totals

Sub-Total: $159.23 incl tax  *** This should be $159.23 less 10%
Shipping:   $9.30
Tax:   $0.00
Total:   $168.53

Basically the United States when selected by address should be displayed as below, please note the changes in the sums and ex Tax.

Sub-Total: $144.75 ex tax  
Shipping:   $9.30
Tax:   $0.00
Total:   $154.05
14 years ago
It works fine. Presume you missed some settings. You can try to debug your application instance (look at TaxManager method - GetTaxRate method)
14 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
It works fine. Presume you missed some settings. You can try to debug your application instance (look at TaxManager method - GetTaxRate method)

Hi,

I have got this to work in a round about way.

I have to

Untick "Prices Include GST"
Display products "Including GST" and then change the price on the product to less GST.

If I tick "Prices include GST" and price my product with GST then I get the error I have been explaining. If it's this way then everyone pays the same amount regardless of the tax settings.

I assume there is an error somewhere in relation to this, but atleat I know the above works and that is with no changes to my previous tax settings.
13 years ago
Does that mean this is bug, because I am getting the same thing. We are in the UK and displayed prices always include VAT, so when we want to display the subtotal price with the tax included and you are in the UK, the total price is correct. However, outside the EU, it should subtract the tax off of the product price but it just says that the tax is 0% and doesn't take any amount off of the product price which is tax included. How do you report bugs to the NopCommerce team?
13 years ago
seth.niemuth wrote:
Does that mean this is bug, because I am getting the same thing. We are in the UK and displayed prices always include VAT, so when we want to display the subtotal price with the tax included and you are in the UK, the total price is correct. However, outside the EU, it should subtract the tax off of the product price but it just says that the tax is 0% and doesn't take any amount off of the product price which is tax included. How do you report bugs to the NopCommerce team?

I think it is a bug.

As stated in my last post I was able to get around the problem a different way.
12 years ago
saeb wrote:

As stated in my last post I was able to get around the problem a different way.

How did you do?
I have the same problem: I want to have the price including the tax in the products.
But I would like the price to be reduced when the customer chooses a country where the tax rate is zero or lower.
NopCommerce handles this case so strangely.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.