Finding exact Local Resources and problem solving.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hello!

I've searched the forums thoroughly and haven't found what I was looking for.
Me has a problemz with another language which I've imported to my nopCommerce solution. Most of the resources implemented with ease. Some remained in the English standard format. Why? And more importantly where do I find these resources.

An example for the gentlemens:

In the footer we have a list of links. Namely:

1. Sitemap
2. Shipping & Returns
3. Privacy notice
4. Conditions of Use
5. About us
6. Contact us

When I switch to the other language only link 1 and 6 is changed. I therefore came to the conclusion that they haven't been implemented so I wentured forth to the admin panel -> Configuration -> Languages -> View StringResources and to my surprise find that they all are included there. I then started to use my two remaining braincells to swath forth a shitstorm in my brain and found that the logical thing had to be that the resources were targeting faults. In my journey I took it upon myself to visit the great old book of database and scour through the countless dusty old texts strings stored there for no obvious reasons and found that there exists no references to the resources in the path LocaleStringResource.

Long story short.. If the English language is implemented through the first time installation. Where are those default resources stored so I can find the correct values?

PLXXX Helpz :)
8 years ago
Check the Nop.Web\AppData\defaultResources.nopres.xml which will be used for resource on first time installation
8 years ago
Yes that one I do know. I can't seem to find the right values inside it though. nopCommerce 3.60

Can any1 open defaultResources.nopres.xml and look for this:

Shipping & Returns
Privacy notice
Conditions of Use
About us

I can't find any of them. So what am I doing wrong?
8 years ago
I don't think these are from LocaleResources. Please see for: Admin/Content Management/Topics
For example:
http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/Topic/List
8 years ago
kalerab,

you are right my dear Sir! As I'm now pleased that you've guided me to the right place.. I find myself questioning.. why are these not resources?
8 years ago
Rojiva wrote:
kalerab,

you are right my dear Sir! As I'm now pleased that you've guided me to the right place.. I find myself questioning.. why are these not resources?

I think it's because these are not static "hardcoded" entries and also resource do not contain any html format. Topics are subpages.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.