Please dump Arvixe as one of your recommended hosts

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hi,

I understand your frustration and really sorry of it caused some issues to you. We would definitely do something with our "partnership" with Arvixe. But we have a contract till June 2016. So this company will be listed until that moment. We will act only after June.
8 years ago
Thanks, Andrei.

Maybe you can use your existing contract as a sledge hammer, and pound some sense into them?
8 years ago
mikeaurelius wrote:
Thanks, Andrei.

Maybe you can use your existing contract as a sledge hammer, and pound some sense into them?

+1
8 years ago
mikeaurelius wrote:
Thanks, Andrei.

Interestingly enough within about an hour of this post (above), I miraculously received an e-mail from support saying that everything appears to be running just fine...

**AFTER** I spent a good part of my morning deleting the two websites, recreating, uploading and un-zipping the files.

Too little, too late.

What does it say about a hosting company that the only time you get a response from them is when you make noise on a public forum?
8 years ago
...and it's back to 'Name Resolution Failed' on the sub domain...
8 years ago
DannyO wrote:

Try www.smarterasp.net we host few websites with 10 000 items. No issues. Also SmarterASP.NET give 60 days free.

Ahh hah!  I see you going for that referral credit.

I third SmarterASP - I have a premium shared and a semi dedicated account.  Great company.

So he has something to gain from it.... Regardless, I think I may be trying www.smarterasp.net as my current plan with Arvixe comes to an end.

I recently had some issues with Arvixe with continued downtime. Finally after a week of trying to get some response from their support team, I was helped in getting my site back up and running. Turn around and my SSL certs have taken a dump and of course support is hard to get a hold of. Now my SSL has been fixed but in a crunch, I go to check web mail since my normal email client isn't available and find that my webmail link is no longer working. So I sit in support queue still waiting on a response. Until I find the next item that is broken...

For the last couple years I've been hosted by Arvixe and haven't had any issues until recently during their "server migrations". They're not handling the migrations very well and a week without hosting or SSL certs isn't an acceptable. Perhaps I'm partly to blame and not having a backup solution in times like these, but budgets don't allow the fancier things.
8 years ago
groundzero2010 wrote:

I recently had some issues with Arvixe with continued downtime. Finally after a week of trying to get some response from their support team, I was helped in getting my site back up and running. Turn around and my SSL certs have taken a dump and of course support is hard to get a hold of. Now my SSL has been fixed but in a crunch, I go to check web mail since my normal email client isn't available and find that my webmail link is no longer working. So I sit in support queue still waiting on a response. Until I find the next item that is broken...

For the last couple years I've been hosted by Arvixe and haven't had any issues until recently during their "server migrations". They're not handling the migrations very well and a week without hosting or SSL certs isn't an acceptable. Perhaps I'm partly to blame and not having a backup solution in times like these, but budgets don't allow the fancier things.

You can also consider asphostportal.com. They also support nopCommerce hosting. They also have good reputation in nopCommerce hosting. Good luck!
8 years ago
I moved everything yesterday to SmarterASP,NET

I was actually shocked at how much faster my website is running now...

One minor issue that I will post separately.
8 years ago
I'm working on a test swap over to smarterasp but I'm having issues. Would you mind sharing some information on my other post?

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/38312/migrating-hosting.aspx

It would be much appreciated!
8 years ago
Which plan are you using with SmarterASP.net?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.