azure

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
a few simple questions -

Is azure a viable hosting solution for nopCommerce?
Are there some minimum requirements (i.e. which azure hosting package) to get nopCommerce even working on azure?

Has anyone else successfully installed and run nopCommerce on azure using the template Web App ? I attempted this last night using my free azure trial subscription and all I ended up with, after the app had been deployed was a http 500 internal server error when I tried to view the site. Googling for RECENT information about hosting nopCommerce on azure is proving very frustrating.

thanks in advance
xan
8 years ago
A friend of mine using or was using Azure... I can tell you just, site was very slow... You may try to install virtual machine to speed it up, but at this field I do not have any expirience.
8 years ago
Hello, xananthar!
nopCommerce is fully compatible with Azure(http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/nopcommerce.aspx?category=AzureReady) and is included in Microsoft Web Platform Installer.
The speed depends on resource-intensivity of your site. For small online stores a trial version would be enough.
8 years ago
hi, I`ve eventually realized what the deal is with the azure template. it might sound daft, but I hadn't worked out that you still actually need to publish the nopCommerce deploy to your azure configured site.
the site in the azure gallery seemingly just creates the necessary configuration, structure etc? at least I think that's whats happening.
when I downloaded full source of nopCommerce 3.6, opened in Visual Studio 2015 and compiled, then published the nop.web project, using azure as publish method, then hey presto - viewing the site   xxxxxxx.azurewebsites.net  or whatever it is loads up the `install nopCommerce` page that I was familiar with from many many moons ago when I last used it.
feel daft for thinking that microsofts nopCommerce option in the gallery would actually deploy a nopCommerce site. doh.
anyhow, problem solved.
at least, one problem solved.
it is running under the free plan at the moment and appears a little slow.... but for trial/proof of concept, its at least progress.
thanks for replies
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.