Gift Registry

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I'm new to nopCommerce and I'm curious if anyone has been able to incorporate a gift registry?  If so how did you accomplish this?  Thanks.
14 years ago
Gift Registry you mean wishlist? (Like gifts that I want to have)
If so then wishlist is a feature on nop 1.5
14 years ago
I mean like a wedding or baby registry.  Does the wishlist adjust the quantity desired on the wishlist if another user buys something off of the wishlist?  If so then I think it will work for me.  Thanks
14 years ago
unfortunately , it does not but it is probably by design

on the face of it, it seems like a good idea, but if a you went to a friends wishlist and added five items from it to your cart,
to buy for yourself because you liked them
or you added them to your basket then did not continue the checkout process

they would be removed from the wishlist without actually being bought for the person (there is also the potential that the recipient notices that there are items missing from their wishlist and re adds them
14 years ago
There are definitely some caveats.  It would be more ideal if there was a registry separate from the wish list and it included an additional field of quantity purchased.  I think that this would help alleviate the problems that you mentioned.  Maybe it would make a good future enhancement.  You have definitely answered my question.  Thanks for your time.
13 years ago
Hi Wesley,

Were you able to incorporate this feature?  I need to add a wedding registry for a client myself.

Thanks,
Pete
13 years ago
Im interested too, i have to develope a Gift Registry in a Nopcommerce store and im thinking about starting from wishlist.

Any recommendations about how to do it?
13 years ago
I never looked into the gift registry any further.  The project that i was looking into it for fell through so I quit researching.  Good luck.  I'd love to hear if you are able to implement something like this.
13 years ago
teeto wrote:
Im interested too, i have to develope a Gift Registry in a Nopcommerce store and im thinking about starting from wishlist.

Any recommendations about how to do it?

I think Wish List is a good start. Make sure you install it in 1.9 version since it has the feature that lets the person send mails to his/her friends to anounce his wish list link
13 years ago
The gift list i need to implement is for babies, so parents could create a gift list (wish list) and put it a name (the name of the babie) so friends could search in the shop for this gift list by the name of the baby.

Parents could send it by email too, as i am using v1.9 but we think searching by the name of the baby would be easier for friends of parents.

I am novice in nopcommerce, i only have configurated the design but i am an ASP.net developer and would like to know where to begin and how to achieve these goals:

- Change the text description of "add to Wish list" for "add to Gift registry" or something, i think i can do it in the language settings?
  - Create a new field for naming the wish-list with the baby's name.
  - Enable to search this wishlist from the search textbox of the site

I dont know if i would need to take care of more issues in tranforming wish lists to this type of gift registry.

thanks for all your help
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.