Re-design and simplify admin area. Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi Andrei,

Is it possible re-design Admin area using Angular Js?
We haven't thought about it yet.

But I can say that most probably with go with AdminLTE. Looks like it's the only actively developed theme today (although there were no commits for the last two months as well). So still thinking about it

If you go AngularJS you should consider their own UI component framework Angular Material: https://material.angularjs.org/latest/

It also have free admin themes:
http://startangular.com/product/flatlogic-angular-material-dashboard/
8 years ago
I don't think we should do angular in this time frame as Angular 2.0 still on beta and it won't be backward compatible to 1.x (100% different) on which most components are being developed, so all components must be rewritten the whole thing when Google release the new version.

not to say, Angular 2.x doesn't look as good as Aurelia.io
8 years ago
Its a good thing to redesign admin!  That was one of first demands from my clients to redesign and shorten product edit page. One thing that annoyed them was so much scrolling for publish/unpublish product. So, we concentrated all stuff which matters to them in top of the page.

Second thought, as almost anyone nowadays, who runs online business has 22 inch+ monitor, we can go wide on screen real estate :)

Also more used and more important properties should be on top. Less frequently accessed should be on bottom.

And save button on top and bottom of page..
8 years ago
Hi All!!!

what is your opinion on this theme?

Note that it's licensed.
This theme supports MVC5 and MVC6 and is regularlly updated.
8 years ago
Does it mean that anyone using the administration will have to buy the license?
8 years ago
Tecnofin wrote:
Does it mean that anyone using the administration will have to buy the license?

Or that nop would have to buy the $1000 Extended license in order to distribute it
8 years ago
I would like to hear the opinion of the suitability of our design is functional and stated therein. (MAL) Multiple Applications License allows you to distribute, but you can not sell. Now the main functional
8 years ago
d.chmir wrote:
Hi All!!!

... theme supports MVC5 and MVC6 ...

Hi!

Could explain what u mean ?

Best Regards.
8 years ago
abch wrote:

Hi!

Could explain what u mean ?

Best Regards.

out from box already has a set written of notation View in MVC5 and MVC6
8 years ago
Some thoughts on admin area simplification.
1)  We all came to the conclusion that it must be simple as possible. The current nopCommerce admin area seems to dazzle the user with the variety of functions. Yes, we are very rich in functions but it is disorienting for the first-time user, even with experience in eCommerce.
2)  We must shorten the user’s way to basic functions by adding them to the admin’s front page, but the variety of functions should be appearing in one-click.
We can go two ways here:

1.  Making Basic (most handy functions) and Advanced views.
2.  Making Basic View expandable with custom user-chosen boxes

3)  In my POV, the long scrollable pages must go. Totally inconvenient.

4)  We can do the function search box. With the drop-down list of suggested functions when the user types first letters. That would be very convenient.

5)  Hints and hovers would be handy too.

6)  From the far perspective, but also very useful. We can make some inner service or functionality for A\B testing for store owners.

Next I want to stress out the process of choosing. So we chose the theme, the functionality, simplify it, apply our best practices. Then we must test our hypothesis on some focus groups from store owners, get their opinion and implement changes based on their experience.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.