Re-design and simplify admin area. Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
I know it will happen.When I say kendo ui is not good I get lot of negative vote. But my client told me that kendo ui not looks good.Even he likes the Telerik but not the kendo ui.
8 years ago
Dear Sir:

Although I don't know programming, but I'm a user who use the nopcommerce, just to share some thoughts!

Whether or not is too complicated, depend on functions, I think the cart can make into different level of admin, normal admin can use the simple interface which can make them easy to learn, once they familiar with the cart, they can get into the advance setting, for a new user, yes, is hard to use the cart, unless they are very experience, but the final user should be a store admin, they may not have the ability to handle too many.

How to manage multi-store easily is one of my hardest part, especially, if I use the sub domain for all the store, say I have 10 store under the same domain by using the sub domain, many thing I can't do, include have a separate email contact, this is only one of the example;
Another issue is, if I want a guy to control 3 store, another guy control 7 store, is hard to set their login, just seeing what under their name, as in the cart, it will show everything, which become too many products or information for the store admin!

The promotion part is not strong too, nowadays, promotion is the most important for a cart, popup coupon, buy X get Y free......if the design can guide a person step by step to complete what they want, will be much simple for a store admin, I understand is important to have some rooms for developer, but I don't see any plugin that can fit my request, that make me really love and hate this cart!

Whether or not user friendly, depend on the user, I guess your target is not those people who are programmer, or experience, they have the ability to handle, should get comments from the junior user, not the advance user!

Sorry my english is bad,hope this can help!

Best regards,
tamchu
8 years ago
VML wrote:
I think one cannot construct the ideal user interface, store-owners must have an option of adapting the interface to their individual needs.
The ideal admin area in my vision would be customizable. Every merchant has his own individual workflow. Most common, the daily routine of running a shop is reduced to 3-4 actions. This actions must be at reach, ideally on the main dashboard side to side with statistics or one click away.
I think it is possible with some admin-area constructor. The merchant himself just drags and drops desired modules onto the dashboard without clicking other tabs and create his ideal admin area.

Well said!

This is exactly what I was thinking would ROCK! Plugins or Widgets could have "tiles" for the Dashboard. Each Admin or Staff could drop in the tiles they want that they have access too. Also great for Vendors, Affiliates and another thing I thought may be nice is to also adapt the Admin theme to the My Account area or at least make it more current design and function.

That was my planned next phase on our Admin Theme which is only about 87% complete and now we have to decide what to do with...

Just my two cents on it. :)

nop.ROCKS Team

Daniel
8 years ago
nop.ROCKS wrote:
Well said!

This is exactly what I was thinking would ROCK! Plugins or Widgets could have "tiles" for the Dashboard. Each Admin or Staff could drop in the tiles they want that they have access too. Also great for Vendors, Affiliates and another thing I thought may be nice is to also adapt the Admin theme to the My Account area or at least make it more current design and function.

And it is exactly what I said at the very begining of this topic.

That option would be awesome!
8 years ago
nop4you wrote:
Well said!

And it is exactly what I said at the very begining of this topic.

That option would be awesome!

Sorry, nop4you, I meant no disrespect, had not read your next post till yesterday then I saw your new one.

Regards,

nop.ROCKS Team
Daniel
8 years ago
And please, do not forget to add ACL at all permission levels, buttons, actions, links and not only for main menu/functionality.

There is a work item for it, and it is very important once it is a security breach. User having access to orders, for example, can do everything, mark as paid, cancel, refund... for big stores, it is a real problem.

I know you are working hard for a new admin area, but visual is not main problem, with all respect of course.

I'm able to help you with it, just tell me what to do, once there is a lot of people working together!

Let's do the best!!!

Ivan.
8 years ago
ivanslater wrote:
And please, do not forget to add ACL at all permission levels, buttons, actions, links and not only for main menu/functionality.

There is a work item for it, and it is very important once it is a security breach. User having access to orders, for example, can do everything, mark as paid, cancel, refund... for big stores, it is a real problem.

I know you are working hard for a new admin area, but visual is not main problem, with all respect of course.

I'm able to help you with it, just tell me what to do, once there is a lot of people working together!

Let's do the best!!!

Ivan.

Something simple (I guess) might be in every section to have Read-only or Modify permissions
7 years ago
Whichever way you decide to go on this please speed up the admin dashboard. The kendo controls can spin for minutes at a time while it loads up everything. At least pull up the first 15 for each and cache the rest. For large store owners having to wait for all the controls to stop spinning before being able to use the back end is very unproductive.
7 years ago
Any plans to be able to search for customers by name in addition to search by email address?
Thanks.
Jeff
7 years ago
Oman wrote:
Any plans to be able to search for customers by name in addition to search by email address?
Thanks.
Jeff

The option to search for customers by name already exists on the customers list page, maybe you have something else in mind?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.