Microsoft.Data.Edm

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
I'm not sure if it is bug or not. Let me describe.
I have downloaded the latest source code, version 3.7. Inside app.config of Nop.Web.Framework project is the following reference:

<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Data.Edm" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-5.7.0.0" newVersion="5.7.0.0" />

But if I build this project, in "BIN/Debug/" folder is Microsoft.Data.Edm.dll with version: 5.6.4.62175
and on page is the following error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Data.Edm' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference."

If I rebuild Nop.Web then this error is gone (I guess it overrides with proper dll).

Inside my plugin I have "Nop.Web.Framework" in build dependencies(as Alex Wolf suggested) and every time I rebuild my plugin, also "Nop.Web.Framework" is rebuilded and error happens.

Since Nop 3.6 worked without this error, I guess this is bug, but I'm not sure, since there are also system references based on framework from my computer.
8 years ago
After some investigation we've found out that the issue was that some references in a plugin was copied to output. So please make sure "Copy local" properties of all third-party assembly references are set to "False" (do not copy).  But it's not clear why nopCommerce loads Microsoft.Data.Edm.dll with version 5.6.4.62175 (from C:\Program files...) instead of 5.7.0.0 (used in Nop.Services.dll). Although we used specified assemblyBinding in web.config files
8 years ago
Hi, thanks. I'm not sure if it is the case - I have done it with clear code, downloaded from nop - so, without any custom plugin. And also i don't have any reference to "microsoft.data.edm.dll" in my plugin - maybe it is referenced indirect - from some other library in my plugin?
But if you can rebuild just "Nop.Web.Framework" project inside solution and it works for you then it must be something with my installation.
8 years ago
Nop.Web.Framework.dll references Nop.Services.dll. And Nop.Services.dll references Microsoft.Data.Edm.dll
8 years ago
I am experiencing the same problem.

After some time my applications goes down and I start experiencing the

"Couldn't not load  Microsoft.Data.Edm .... " message.

I have even removed from plugin folder  all my plugins, with no lock. The application is still experiencing the same thing - main page works, but when I hit "login" then the problems occurs.

Please help me fix it.
8 years ago
katowice.net wrote:
I am experiencing the same problem.

After some time my applications goes down and I start experiencing the

"Couldn't not load  Microsoft.Data.Edm .... " message.

I have even removed from plugin folder  all my plugins, with no lock. The application is still experiencing the same thing - main page works, but when I hit "login" then the problems occurs.

Please help me fix it.

Search Microsoft.Data.Edm.dll in presentation folder. Check which folder have Microsoft.Data.Edm.dll.
8 years ago
I always need to add some information to web.config file

I had this line merged by mistake to new config file:

<compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.5.1" />

it should be:

<compilation targetFramework="4.5.1" />

After changing it the application started to work again
8 years ago
I am also facing the issue.My Solution of nop3.7 wont have any third party plugins.
I followed the solutions given by others but no luck.

Can Any one help me?

Thanks,
Sateesh
8 years ago
I was experiencing this issue as well. I was able to solve it by copying in the
microsoft.data.edm.dll
to my Plugin directory which was causing the issue. This seemed to have worked, though I have no idea why. I did confirm that the correct version of the dll was in the application bin directory.
8 years ago
@Miller

Could you please tell me what version of Microsoft.Data.Edm dll you copied ?

And could you please mention the Plugin directory path to which you copied this dll?

Thanks,
Sateesh.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.