nopCommerce is proud to announce its own certification program!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
This is absolutely a very good step.

I would recommend separating in at least two certifications tough;

1) "nopCommerce certified backend developer" that focuses on the technical and backend side (knowledge of core and plugin development)

2) "nopCommerce certified theme developer" that focuses on the frontend part. (building templates the right way, javascript development etc)

In practice developers will specialize on either one of these areas. So it makes sense to have separate certifications. Besides it will help store owners selecting the right "resource" for their projects.
8 years ago
Nopaholics wrote:
This is absolutely a very good step.

I would recommend separating in at least two certifications tough;

1) "nopCommerce certified backend developer" that focuses on the technical and backend side (knowledge of core and plugin development)

2) "nopCommerce certified theme developer" that focuses on the frontend part. (building templates the right way, javascript development etc)

In practice developers will specialize on either one of these areas. So it makes sense to have separate certifications. Besides it will help store owners selecting the right "resource" for their projects.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!! +1
8 years ago
Nopaholics wrote:

Thank you! The current test is leaning to category number one, the backend. Passing it means that the person is really fluent in nopCommerce and does nopCommerce development as a regular practice. It is a basis, a cornerstone for other tests.
8 years ago
VML wrote:

Thank you! The current test is leaning to category number one, the backend. Passing it means that the person is really fluent in nopCommerce and does nopCommerce development as a regular practice. It is a basis, a cornerstone for other tests.

Thanks for the explain briefly!!!!
8 years ago
$150 is not so good when your home exchange rate is pretty bad. Almost the same of a month minimum wage here.

But, this was a pretty good idea.
8 years ago
ivanslater wrote:
$150 is not so good when your home exchange rate is pretty bad. Almost the same of a month minimum wage here.

A very good step. But unfortunately $150 is going to be difficult for developers from developing countries like Bangladesh, India, Vietnam etc. where more and more freelancers are emerging.

Also is there any discount for students?
8 years ago
rahat wrote:

A very good step. But unfortunately $150 is going to be difficult for developers from developing countries like Bangladesh, India, Vietnam etc. where more and more freelancers are emerging.

Also is there any discount for students?

ivanslater wrote:

Maybe we can think about some subsidy program? Let say, some company will participate in the fee payment for someone and will get back some development service from this person.
8 years ago
olga_zov wrote:

Maybe we can think about some subsidy program? Let say, some company will participate in the fee payment for someone and will get back some development service from this person.

Lol, that is the difference between developers paying the fee vs some company paying the fee and getting work done in return?
8 years ago
rahat wrote:

Lol, that is the difference between developers paying the fee vs some company paying the fee and getting work done in return?

Let`s suppose you can not afford to pay a fee. I suggest I will pay a fee for you, and you will do some development task for me instead. Hope this is clearer now. This is only a my pure suggestion however, but maybe for someone it can be good solution.
8 years ago
olga_zov wrote:

Let`s suppose you can not afford to pay a fee. I suggest I will pay a fee for you, and you will do some development task for me instead. Hope this is clearer now. This is only a my pure suggestion however, but maybe for someone it can be good solution.

Yeah I got that. Paying is not the issue here.
Its the same as I work for you and then with the money I pay the fee. Either way have to work and manage the amount.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.