Delete a Deleted Customer

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
When I deleted customer, it make delete column true. But it does deleted from database actually. Is there any function available to delete that customer fully from database(from customer, generic attribute and address table).
So far I dont find any kind of functionlity for that.
It sometimes help people to decrease the size of database.
8 years ago
anik1991 wrote:
When I deleted customer, it make delete column true. But it does deleted from database actually. Is there any function available to delete that customer fully from database(from customer, generic attribute and address table).
So far I dont find any kind of functionlity for that.
It sometimes help people to decrease the size of database.

Hi,

I can think of two approaches to fully delete the customers from the database.

First one is to run this script in your database:

DELETE
FROM [dbo].[Customer]
WHERE [Deleted] = 1

Second one is as follows:

- When you go to the administration of a customer and want to delete it, first set its customer role to be only Guest, then save.

- You can again delete it by clicking the delete button.

- Now by running the scheduled task "Delete guests" you can delete all guests including these which you have manually set.

This will delete them completely from your database.

Both approaches are equally effective, it is up to you to decide which one to use.
I suggest you the first one, because the second one will also delete all currently guests browsing your site at the moment.

I hope this helped !
8 years ago
If I use second approach will it delete data from generic attribute table as well as address table ?
8 years ago
anik1991 wrote:
If I use second approach will it delete data from generic attribute table as well as address table ?

Hi,

Both approaches will not delete the data from these tables. You have to do it manually.
4 years ago
I built a Program that worked for me.

After you connect to your database go to the customer table then right click the row header you want to delete click delete then Save Changes.

https://henrys-software.com/hs-sql-data
4 years ago
What happens to other related tables (Orders, Shipments, Addresses, Posts, Emails, etc) in the database when we delete a customer?

- how does a relational database stay intact with a missing reference to the Customers's table record?
- how can I make sure that all occurence of a customer's any personal data will get deleted (like Orders, Addresses, any addresses mentioned in the Enqued Emails archive table, shipments, forum posts, etc)
- how can I make sure at the same time that all bookkeeping-related data like the deleted customer's previous orders stay listable, reportable, so I can make correct financial reports required by tax authorities.

I am not crazy, just trying to implement the GDPR rules :-)   Do you know of anybody being able to correctly do these in any ecommerce system in the world?
4 years ago
@libor

Any post from someone with Karma: 5 that includes some http link is suspect / spam. (Especially suspect when they post on a topic that is 3 years old!)    You should not even consider clicking it.  (I didn't ;)

If you have a true concern about deleting customer data for GPDR, then post your own topic.
4 years ago
New York wrote:
@libor

Any post from someone with Karma: 5 that includes some http link is suspect / spam. (Especially suspect when they post on a topic that is 3 years old!)    You should not even consider clicking it.  (I didn't ;)

If you have a true concern about deleting customer data for GPDR, then post your own topic.

I'm sorry I came across this post and it helped me with my site, I just wanted to return the favor. Can I delete the link in the other post.
4 years ago
HenrysSoftware1 wrote:
I'm sorry I came across this post and it helped me with my site

Don`t be sorry, it is good when you find solution and try to share with community. Just look on this from our side - will you trust someone who in first post adding link? In time of mass spam links, I think you may be aware as well.

HenrysSoftware1 wrote:
Can I delete the link in the other post.

Edit post is valid for first 15 minutes. Just contact with nopCommerce team to edit your post.

libor wrote:
I am not crazy, just trying to implement the GDPR rules

First, you may upgrade your nopCommerce store. If, for some reason, you can not do this, may have a look at GitHub and try to implement solution set by nopCommerce team to support GDPR. But this will require some source changes which may interact with third party plugins.
You may also change at the DB customer data, and apply mail like [email protected] (or whatever else) with changing address data as well for ANONYMOUS text for example. Agree, there is just walk around... but will not affect with changing sources, and do not need to aware of missing reference. Just need to do some manual job direct at the DB.
There was a plugin to add GDPR, but need to check it by yourself. As remember, some issues was related to used this plugin at nopCommerce. Maybe issues has been fixed.

Regards,
Tom
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.