Product Variant Sorting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I am having strange problem with display order for product variants. The order is set correctly in the admin but some times it shows up in order but some times it does not. The Template for variant is "show in grid" and I am using version 1.4. I also cleared cache in admin but that does not fix the problem either. Any Ideas what is going wrong

Hunaid
13 years ago
Works fine for me. Ensure that your [Nop_ProductVariantLoadByProductID] stored procedure has proper 'DisplayOrder' ordering (if it was modified)
13 years ago
Yes the stored procedure is not changed and the sorting is done by display order. Can this problem happen because of cache ?
13 years ago
hunaid wrote:
Can this problem happen because of cache ?

I don't think so
13 years ago
Thanks you for your help in this regard.

I have different products with same variant name like

Product 1
  Variant -- > Green
  Variant -- > Blue

Product 2
  Variant -- > Green
  Variant -- > Blue

Any Suggestions ? Cache Key checked and created can cause issue with this ?

Hunaid
13 years ago
No. Cache key is based on identifiers (not names)
13 years ago
This is definetely a bug. The curious thing is, that the display order changes from time to time. Just play around and you will see. I tested this with different installations.
13 years ago
In my opinion, the system sorts in order of the prices not the position. Variants with the same price are just switching the order by coincidence.
13 years ago
I found out the following. If the Product page is opened the first time, it shows the correct order of the variants, if it is opened the second time it shows the cheapest variant first, if you clear the cache, you see the correct order again (after you have done a refresh - F5).
13 years ago
If you set Cache.ProductManager.CacheEnabled=false, the problem is solved. The bug is situated in the cache module.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.