Different SKU according to product attibute

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
I would like to suggest to add a sku field on product attibutes which will override the product sku.

Some items in different colors may have different sku.So This way we wont need to duplicate the products. Grouped products may work for this but it would be a lot easier to it this way.
8 years ago
You already can use attribute combination is override SKY for attributes. It's more flexible as allow to set SKU for multiple attributes (combinations)
8 years ago
How do I set different sku according to color square?
8 years ago
dianoche wrote:
How do I set different sku according to color square?

You may read the article http://docs.nopcommerce.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1441945. Hope it will help you.
8 years ago
I guess I couldn't explain. When I add a simple product and add attributes(color square) it doesn't have sku field. Should I use Grouped product instead of simple?
8 years ago
dianoche wrote:
I guess I couldn't explain. When I add a simple product and add attributes(color square) it doesn't have sku field. Should I use Grouped product instead of simple?

After creating attribute , click on Attribut combination. When attribute combination generated then add sku per combination.
8 years ago
That worked. TY!
3 years ago
anik1991 wrote:
After creating attribute , click on Attribut combination. When attribute combination generated then add sku per combination.

For various reasons we still have to use version 3.80. I created a product attribute and associated it with a product. So in the "attribute combination" section I assigned a SKU. When I add the product to the cart, I don't see the SKU value anywhere. Where am I doing wrong ? Maybe there is a fix for version 3.80? Maybe I have misinterpreted how this method works ?
3 years ago
nopNovice2 wrote:

For various reasons we still have to use version 3.80. I created a product attribute and associated it with a product. So in the "attribute combination" section I assigned a SKU. When I add the product to the cart, I don't see the SKU value anywhere. Where am I doing wrong ? Maybe there is a fix for version 3.80? Maybe I have misinterpreted how this method works ?

So no one can answer?
3 years ago
So no one can answer?[/quote]

I had confused the SKU field of attribute combinations with the attribute associated with a product (appropriate method for my case). Now everything is fine. Thanks anyway.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.