Let's discuss the upcoming integration of nopCommerce and Umbraco

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
cmosqueda wrote:
Is this integration project public on GitHub?

Hi,

The github project is private now . Once we gather all the necessary requirements for functionality and start more active development, we will make the project public
7 years ago
Preferably this should be accessible else we are not going to be ready for the next release. But it's your call. Do you have a time scale when it will be public again?

thanks,
7 years ago
Currently this project doesn't contain much code. But most probably it'll be made public in 2-3 weeks
7 years ago
Hi core team ;-)

A bit late, but would love do suggestions and or beta test ;-) We have extensive Umbraco experience + nopCommerce experience.

For us its a 'golden' combination ;-)

Thanks,
Melvin van Rookhuizen
7 years ago
We have been using Umbraco since 2009-2010 (v4) with about 100+ installations/customizations under our belt. We've also done 2-3 very simple nopCommerce sites. I am very excited about this project as from my limited experience with nopCommerce it has some serious goodness going on and I would like very much to explore it more.

We have our own proprietary cart targeted to a small niche which runs on classic ASP/ASP.NET and have done many integrations with Umbraco. Most of our experience will be of questionable value, but I will keep an eye out for this project.

- Brian
7 years ago
d.chmir wrote:
Once we gather all the necessary requirements for functionality and start more active development, we will make the project public

I think what I saw was references to umbracco objects but no code yet, It looked very good though. I hope to get a test enviroment working once it's available, thank you Dmitry for your work.
7 years ago
Hi All,

This reminds me what I tried 4 years back. I tried a project with the same integration solution provided by Matt Brailsford here. That time we had complexity to integrate some of the parts. Umbraco; already did so many projects and now started nopCommerce also ;). So as being a familiar with both framework, I would like share what can be in Umbraco plugin part (may the already in core team's list)

Home page: it's better keep all the content available from Umbraco including slider and it's content. To show the  categories, featured products I suggest a data type which have ability to pick the products or categories from nopCommerce. Here I mean individual product or category item.

All the topic pages of nopCommerce, would be good to move in Umbraco. And centralize of the language resource keys are also the most important. Umbraco have 'Dictionary' and I feel Umbraco have more flexibility for all available language. We don't have to add resource key for each language. Even nopCommerce and Umbraco will be installed as separate applications, I think it's good to keep user work on single environment.

While working on nopCommerce products, media gallery from Umbraco will be a great addition.

All short introduction text in nopCommerce pages like in login page, it's good to be manageable from Umbraco contents. So here also we need some piece of code that reads content from Umbraco in nopCommerce view files.

"The Umbraco plugin will also contain a mapping table between "Umbraco members" and "nopCommerce customers". We'll keep them in synchronization:" I think it's good to add a property "nopCommerce Member Id" in member type which nopCommerce customer ID get stored. We can add different member type called "nopCommerce Member" as well.

If there is any beta release for testing then I will definitely come up with my further suggestions.

Thanks,
Pasang Tamang
7 years ago
Hey, just thought I'd share my thoughts as I've done a few ecommerce sites in Umbraco and I want to integrate Nop into my next project.

Check out route hi-jacking in Umbraco. I would envision using nop views this way - all you'd have to do is create the document types and tree structure in Umbraco for nop. You can wrap your nop models with a custom RenderModel to keep it consistent for Umbraco development. This gives the developer freedom to add properties to any nop doc types as well. This is the way Merchello works and it does it rather well.

Property editors for products and categories would be seriously useful. I could see macros become very powerful with the grid editor that come in Umbraco 7.2.

Umbraco is very event driven, so syncing up user members and customers shouldn't be an issue.

Provide that with an api and it would be a seriously sexy integration.
7 years ago
Any upcoming news on this issue?
or will github repo go public?

I'd to participate if any help needed on beta-testing
7 years ago
Hi All,

Active development of integration will start on 27th of June after developers (of this integration) will come back from vacation.

Meanwhile, please leave your suggestions.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.