Moving working site to Azure - Nop wants to reinstall

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi there...

I want to move my Nop 3.7 project to Azure, but I guess I'm doing something horribly wrong.

I've transferred all files to Azure via FTP.
After a bit of searching around, I managed to script out and replicate my database to Azure ditto.

Now when I browse to the site I just get the installation screen. It looks like the system doesn't "know" that Nop is already installed... So I guess the data is for some reason unavailable to Nop.

I've also tried using the "regular" connection string (without Encrypt=True and whatnot), but then everything just errors out on me.

With Azures connection string nopCommerce wants to install itself all over again, as I mentioned above... Azure connection string looks like this:
(DataProvider: sqlserver
Server=tcp:myserver.database.windows.net,1433;Database=db-name;User ID=dbuser@dbname;Password=myawesomePwd;Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Connection Timeout=30;
)

I suppose I'm not the first one wanting to move a working website to Azure, so what am I doing wrong?

Thanx!
7 years ago
compito wrote:
Hi there...

I want to move my Nop 3.7 project to Azure, but I guess I'm doing something horribly wrong.

After a bit of searching around, I managed to script out and replicate my database to Azure ditto.

Now when I browse to the site I just get the installation screen. It looks like the system doesn't "know" that Nop is already installed... So I guess the data is for some reason unavailable to Nop.

I've also tried using the "regular" connection string (without Encrypt=True and whatnot), but then everything just errors out on me.

With Azures connection string nopCommerce wants to install itself all over again, as I mentioned above... Azure connection string looks like this:
Server=tcp:myserver.database.windows.net,1433;Database=db-name;User ID=dbuser@dbname;Password=myawesomePwd;Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Connection Timeout=30;
)

I suppose I'm not the first one wanting to move a working website to Azure, so what am I doing wrong?

Thanx!

Do you upload setting.txt?
7 years ago
Yes, of course... The connection string sits there.
7 years ago
compito wrote:
Hi there...

)

Thanx!

This is the format for the connection string that I see for a working site deployed as an Azure webapp (replace anything in bold):
DataProvider: sqlserver
DataConnectionString: Data Source=dbname.database.windows.net;Initial Catalog=dbname;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=SqlServerLogin;Password=SqlServerPassword
7 years ago
petemitch wrote:

This is the format for the connection string that I see for a working site deployed as an Azure webapp (replace anything in bold):
DataProvider: sqlserver
DataConnectionString: Data Source=dbname.database.windows.net;Initial Catalog=dbname;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=SqlServerLogin;Password=SqlServerPassword

That worked now... Weird, I've had one that looked almost exactly like this one and it errored out. There may be some weird caching involved?

Anyway, thanks a lot Pete, it's working with your version.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.