Order Status, Shipping Status, Payment Status

4 years ago
What services or plugins are available to process orders through , once they are created ??

My orders are fulfilled by a third party, who receives a copy of the order form
expanded to contain "Click to Acknowledge" and "Click When Shipped"
which lead back to a plugin controller, which will drive the status bits

Order Status  field??
Orders placed starting in "pending".
There are dire warnings about about progress this field manually!
So what is the "proper" way to proceed to "Processing" then to  "Completed ??
considering all issues to be handled.

What drives this process ??
What plugin or service ??
Where is an example ??

Shipping Status field??
Same here ,  NotYetShipped -> Shipped -> Delivered

What drives this process ??
What plugin or service ??
Where is an example ??

Payment Status - this seems to work correctly
being driven by the Paypal direct plugin set to "authorize And Capture"

Just Need a place to start Looking
Can find no guidance anywhere
except a vague reference to  these are handled in ( unnamed ?  )  plugin  "

under a search of topics for "Order Status"
4 years ago
Since  I have got a no  response let me try this a different way

All my orders show

Payment status      Paid
Order status            Processing
Shipping status       Not yet Shipped

Nothing is updating them.

How do I proceed ?
4 years ago
I know I am not too much help in regards to answering your question, I am actually in search for the same answer. Before my site goes live I want to make sure our customers can see their shipping status change before they get frustrated seeing as their product is "Not yet Shipped" even though the product is going through the process of being shipped to them. As well as I don't want to change the status to "Complete" thinking that they should already have their product by seeing those words upon the shipping status.

Hopefully with more attention this post gets it will be pushed higher on Google so someone who has solved this problem can help both of us out.
4 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
I know I am not too much help in regards to answering your question, I am actually in search for the same answer. Before my site goes live I want to make sure our customers can see their shipping status change before they get frustrated seeing as their product is "Not yet Shipped" even though the product is going through the process of being shipped to them. As well as I don't want to change the status to "Complete" thinking that they should already have their product by seeing those words upon the shipping status.

Hopefully with more attention this post gets it will be pushed higher on Google so someone who has solved this problem can help both of us out.

dennis  Guess we are out in the wild on our own  :-(

I found this- http://www.beauclaar.com/2015/03/nopcommerce-350-order-status-guide.html

I am going to look at the plugin

Also there is a shipping plugin For $50
but there in no information on it's functionally

Hope this helps
4 years ago
Sorry wrong url  try this one    http://www.beauclaar.com/2015/03/nopcommerce-350-order-status-guide.html
4 years ago
Working my way thru the process myself.  If you go to Sales>>Shipments, you can select an order and the click on the "Set as shipped (selected) to change the status.  This triggered email notification to customer that order has shipped.

I then when back and did the same process as above, only I selected the "Delivered" tab, this then changed the order to "Complete"