nopCommerce 3.80 BETA released. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
But I noticed after placing a new order I get the following error when printing a pdf packaging slip:
Cannot load language. ID=0
Line 982:            var lang = _languageService.GetLanguageById(languageId);
Line 983:            if (lang == null)
Line 984:            throw new ArgumentException(string.Format("Cannot load language. ID={0}", languageId));
Line 985:...

Thanks a lot! You're absolutely right. Fixed
7 years ago
This may be too late for the current version but would be really helpful if the access control list could also limit which tabs a user has access to within the edit product screen, we would like vendors to use it but don't want to confuse them with options they don't need. Vendors are not generally 'power users' so the simpler the better for them to create a listing.
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Looks like you have old CSS styles cached. Reset your browser cache

Hi Andrei - Yes, you are correct.....that was the problem.

Everything looks good now :)
7 years ago
Its very good in UI design, please increase the default avatar size, in this version also its only 20 KB. Increase the Size of Avatar to min 2 to 3 MB.
7 years ago
Hi,
finally looked through it briefly: very well done!

One thing to Administration -> System -> System information -> Server variables -> PATH_TRANSLATED :
There is a BP to use the IIS virtual directory to hide the internal real data place to the outer world (incl. the shop administrator or a shop intruder) and inner system intruders (by minimal permissions). Even though experienced ones could found out by theirself - one shouldn't serve anything that's not needed on a silver platter.
I have not looked in detail whether other things should stay covert.

No Product reviews and stars (It's good, but it does not fit any industry):
Will there be an optional switch off in the administration or should we do this through theme modification?

thanks
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
public void ManageSiteMap(SiteMapNode rootNode)
        {
            var pluginNode = rootNode.ChildNodes.FirstOrDefault(x => x.SystemName == "Third party plugins");
            if (pluginNode != null)
            {
                var newNode = new SiteMapNode()
                {
                    Title = string.Format("XtremeCommerce {0}", _localizationService.GetResource("Plugins.Widgets.XtremeCommerce.Sliders")),
                    // Title for your Custom Menu Item
                    ControllerName = "Widget", // Your controller Name
                    ActionName = "ConfigureWidget", // Action Name
                    Visible = true,
                    RouteValues = new RouteValueDictionary() { { "area", "admin" } }
                };

newNode.ChildNodes.Add(new SiteMapNode()
                {
                    Title = _localizationService.GetResource("Admin.Configuration.Settings"),
                    //   Title for your Sub Menu item
                    ControllerName = "Widget", // Your controller Name
                    ActionName = "ConfigureWidget", // Action Name
                    Visible = true,
                    RouteValues = new RouteValueDictionary() { { "systemName", this.PluginDescriptor.SystemName } },
                });
                pluginNode.ChildNodes.Add(newNode);
            }
        }

Hi Ron,

But why do you have RouteValues specified as "new RouteValueDictionary() { { "area", "admin" } }"? Shouldn't it be "new RouteValueDictionary() { { "systemName", this.PluginDescriptor.SystemName } }," as in the second menu item? It'll work fine if you replace it. That's about the first menu item

But I don't understand why your second child item (nested one) is not rendered. I've created a separate work item

Everything is fine. Please have a look at \Nop.Admin\Views\Shared\Menu.cshtml. Only menu items without URL can have child items
7 years ago
The DefaultClean stylesheet needs "clear:left" or "clear: both" added to ".topic-post .signature".

The signature currently displays fine if the post is short, but when a post is longer than the .post-vote element, the signature starts under .post-vote and .post-body flows through the .signature block.

Also a rule should be added to the stylesheet to show links with an underline otherwise inline links look like text.

.topic-post .post-body a {
    text-decoration: underline;
}
7 years ago
pdunleavy75 wrote:
This may be too late for the current version but would be really helpful if the access control list could also limit which tabs a user has access to within the edit product screen, we would like vendors to use it but don't want to confuse them with options they don't need. Vendors are not generally 'power users' so the simpler the better for them to create a listing.

You should check out the 3.80 beta.  The admin has been completely redesigned.  The 'edit product screen' now has the ability to choose from Basic Settings or Advanced Settings, and the what appears in the Basic Settings in configurable.  Although the first version of the beta allowed Vendors to edit the Basic Settings configuration, and to see Advanced Settings, I reported it, and I believe that the nopCommerce team will make it so that Vendors can only see Basic Settings.

So, the Basic Settings should meet the need to limit their access.  Hopefully in the future, the team will create another "Vendor Settings" separate from the Basic Settings.
7 years ago
You took this out of my mouth. One think was bad with nopcommerce it was design now its almost perfect :) (for me). When you will finish and extensions form 3.70 will work?? I need build shop fast
7 years ago
Nice design! I am going to check
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.