nopCommerce 3.80 BETA released. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
send2vinnie wrote:
It's a pleasure to use nopCommerce to develope applications like no others. So far, I just found a minor issue while using "Edit Message Template Details". The data in model.Locales will be duplicated while validation fails which would caused the flag tabs in the view got duplicated as well.

Thanks a lot. Fixed
7 years ago
Great work with the new admin panel!

Here are my suggestions to improve it a little bit more.

General design

* The tables should use flat colors and not gradients. Using gradients do not match with the design. (https://almsaeedstudio.com/themes/AdminLTE/pages/tables/data.html)
* Leave more space between section panels (Admin/Product/Edit/45)
* Do not use horizontal tabs when they can potentially increase to infinitum with plugins (Admin/Product/Edit/45). It is better to use vertical tabs or create many sections in a single page that you can scroll down.
* Reduce the FOUCs loading the pages. For example, there is a terrible FOUC when loading the "multi select" controls. (Admin/Order/List > Payment statuses)
* The question mark next to each field is very “noisy”. I would put it dimmed and only show it when the mouse is over the label or the associated control has the focus.

Filters

* The search button in filter sections should be always aligned in the same place and use the same size of font as the other buttons. Now you can find it in the left (Admin/Category/List) and in the middle (Admin/Product/List).
* The filter section on the top of the lists are too big in almost all screens. We should look for some ways to reduce the vertical space. Here are some ideas:
-- Use three columns with big screens (now there are some screens with one column (Admin/Order/ShipmentList) and other with two columns (Admin/Product/List).
-- Show by the default only the most used filters and have a toggle to show advanced filtering options. I know you are working with that feature and I think it is a great idea.
-- Reduce the number of controls by searching in multiple database fields with only one filter. For example in Admin/Order/List, there could be a single field “Billing” that searches for the email, last name and name. Or in customers (Admin/Customer/List) email, first name, last name, company and ip address can be combined in just one filter.
* For a future version… Omni search: Only have a single search control that allows searching in any of the relevant fields and a button/selector to add other filters that can be accumulated. And if manager is an advanced user, allow them to filter by single field, for example: “sku:29” or “billing.address.country:Spain”.

Lists

* The main fields, and may be the images, in lists  should link to the same page as “edit”.
* Maintain pagination status when pressing back button or pressing “back to XXX list” link when it is possible. I think it could be done modifying the url when a pagination event occurs.
* Place the “Add” buttons in tables always in the same place. For example “Tier Prices” or “Product attributes” > “Attributes” has the “Add new record” inside the header of the table while “Product attributes” > “Attribute combinations” buttons are in the bottom.

Left menu

* The search box on the top left should search for orders, customers, or shipments and not for options in the menu.
* The most used options (Orders, Customers, Products) should be on the root of the menu and the leave the least used options inside nested menu options or hidden. If that it is not possible, at least put most used sections on top of each menu level. For example, from my experience with shop managers, I would place “Sales” before “Catalog” and in the “Catalog” submenu I would place “Products” before “categories” and “manufacturers” that normally are less used. Do you have any stats about admin usage? That would be great to improve usability.

I know this a really big wish list but I hope you have time to give some feedback. I would be glad to discuss any of this recommendations and even helping implementing them before 3.80 release.
7 years ago
One of our developer have found css problem in advanced settings of product edit.
http://www.nop-station.com/content/images/uploaded/CssBrokenInAdvancedInProduct.png
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I created two order total type discounts and flagged them as cumulative, but am only seeing one being used on the cart page.  Here are the combinations I've tried, but could not get it to accumulate.
1) 20% and 10%
2) 20% and $10
3) 20% and 20%
No discount requirements or limitations were set on any of these.
It works fine. Please create screenshots of both discount details pages (admin area)

7 years ago
rread wrote:
I created two order total type discounts and flagged them as cumulative, but am only seeing one being used on the cart page.  Here are the combinations I've tried, but could not get it to accumulate.
1) 20% and 10%
2) 20% and $10
3) 20% and 20%
It works fine. Please create screenshots of both discount details pages (admin area)...

Thanks a lot! I see now. Please see this forum topic
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
1) 20% and 10%
2) 20% and $10
3) 20% and 20%
It works fine. Please create screenshots of both discount details pages (admin area)...
Thanks a lot! I see now. Please see this forum topic

Ok, I see that it works now as long as you don't require a coupon code.  Thanks for the work item for 3.90 to include multiple coupon codes.  This is a feature that many of our customers ask for.  Would recommend clarifying this restriction in the release notes, as I can see many people jumping in to use this.
7 years ago
rchamorro wrote:
Great work with the new admin panel!

Here are my suggestions to improve it a little bit more.

General design

* The tables should use flat colors and not gradients. Using gradients do not match with the design. (https://almsaeedstudio.com/themes/AdminLTE/pages/tables/data.html)
* Leave more space between section panels (Admin/Product/Edit/45)
* Do not use horizontal tabs when they can potentially increase to infinitum with plugins (Admin/Product/Edit/45). It is better to use vertical tabs or create many sections in a single page that you can scroll down.
* Reduce the FOUCs loading the pages. For example, there is a terrible FOUC when loading the "multi select" controls. (Admin/Order/List > Payment statuses)
* The question mark next to each field is very “noisy”. I would put it dimmed and only show it when the mouse is over the label or the associated control has the focus.

Filters

* The search button in filter sections should be always aligned in the same place and use the same size of font as the other buttons. Now you can find it in the left (Admin/Category/List) and in the middle (Admin/Product/List).
* The filter section on the top of the lists are too big in almost all screens. We should look for some ways to reduce the vertical space. Here are some ideas:
-- Use three columns with big screens (now there are some screens with one column (Admin/Order/ShipmentList) and other with two columns (Admin/Product/List).
-- Show by the default only the most used filters and have a toggle to show advanced filtering options. I know you are working with that feature and I think it is a great idea.
-- Reduce the number of controls by searching in multiple database fields with only one filter. For example in Admin/Order/List, there could be a single field “Billing” that searches for the email, last name and name. Or in customers (Admin/Customer/List) email, first name, last name, company and ip address can be combined in just one filter.
* For a future version… Omni search: Only have a single search control that allows searching in any of the relevant fields and a button/selector to add other filters that can be accumulated. And if manager is an advanced user, allow them to filter by single field, for example: “sku:29” or “billing.address.country:Spain”.

Lists

* The main fields, and may be the images, in lists  should link to the same page as “edit”.
* Maintain pagination status when pressing back button or pressing “back to XXX list” link when it is possible. I think it could be done modifying the url when a pagination event occurs.
* Place the “Add” buttons in tables always in the same place. For example “Tier Prices” or “Product attributes” > “Attributes” has the “Add new record” inside the header of the table while “Product attributes” > “Attribute combinations” buttons are in the bottom.

Left menu

* The search box on the top left should search for orders, customers, or shipments and not for options in the menu.
* The most used options (Orders, Customers, Products) should be on the root of the menu and the leave the least used options inside nested menu options or hidden. If that it is not possible, at least put most used sections on top of each menu level. For example, from my experience with shop managers, I would place “Sales” before “Catalog” and in the “Catalog” submenu I would place “Products” before “categories” and “manufacturers” that normally are less used. Do you have any stats about admin usage? That would be great to improve usability.

I know this a really big wish list but I hope you have time to give some feedback. I would be glad to discuss any of this recommendations and even helping implementing them before 3.80 release.

Now that NopCommerce 3.80 is released... Where should I send this suggestions so I get any feedback?
7 years ago
rchamorro wrote:
...Where should I send this suggestions so I get any feedback?

Thanks a lot for so large list of suggestions. We've already noted them (work item)
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
...Where should I send this suggestions so I get any feedback?
Thanks a lot for so large list of suggestions. We've already noted them (work item)

Should I use Github or this forum to comment other improvements?
7 years ago
rchamorro wrote:
Should I use Github or this forum to comment other improvements?

please use forums
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.