Google Merchant Feed (froogle)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Does anybody know how to ad the "product type" attributes for assigning category designations on google merchant.

In the nop commerce xml  feed there is a place for "product type" but it is left blank ie

<g:price>20.6600</g:price>
  [<g:product_type />
  </item>

The questions are:

1. How can I get nopcommerce to generate the feed with my categories listed in it as the product type ( Google does allow for user defined categories)

2. How can I edit the xml file myself to quickly define the product type for my products. I am comfortable defining all the products under the same product type.

I did try editing the xml file in excel and adding the needed product type in the spreadsheet but can't change it back to xml.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Robert
13 years ago
NOPCommerce doesn't add that field. So unless you customize the code, you'll have to add it after the fact.

I use a search & replace function in notepad to add in the proper Froogle Product Taxonomy for my items.
13 years ago
Thanks Chris for sharing how you get it done. I was able to do the same this morning after thinking about it for a while. I was originally stuck on the idea of using a spreadsheet to ad product_types as a tab delimited file. Find and replace was much easier. You probably already know it but google doesn't even care if you leave the file extension as txt and upload it as an xml file. It treats it as an xml file anyhow. Thanks again.

Robert
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.