nopCommerce 3.90 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
And here we go! nopCommerce v3.90 BETA is released. Please find the announcement here
7 years ago
Pleeeeeeeeeease tell me "Prices per currency" is in here, Im not seeing it in release notes? Ive got a major project relying on this being here as planned?
7 years ago
johndillon wrote:
Pleeeeeeeeeease tell me "Prices per currency" is in here, Im not seeing it in release notes? Ive got a major project relying on this being here as planned?

Afraid not, have already asked. I have the same problem.
7 years ago
pdunleavy75 wrote:

Afraid not, have already asked. I have the same problem.

Ahhhhhhhhhh
I hate being critical of the guys who build this because they are amazing, but this really is not good. This was #3 on the list of things planned, and its been requested for so long now, I didnt see any hints this would not be part of this release, otherwise I would not have taken on this project in questions :(
7 years ago
I can only assume it needed too much core refactoring. What is your scenario? we have an international multi-vendor store. Each vendor wants to list products in their native currency so no matter what happens with foreign exchange rates they can sell at a fixed price.

At the moment we have to convert to a base currency on day one of listing which is a big risk. I think I will have to build a plugin that stores an override currency and value in a separate table then have a daily schedule that adjusts the base currency value to keep it in line with the exchange rate.

There is the further complication of selling across borders and having duties to pay so depending on the customer location and the product location the selling price will need to be increased to give duties paid price. I'm starting this in a week or so, let me know if you are interested.
7 years ago
pdunleavy75 wrote:
I can only assume it needed too much core refactoring. What is your scenario? we have an international multi-vendor store. Each vendor wants to list products in their native currency so no matter what happens with foreign exchange rates they can sell at a fixed price.

At the moment we have to convert to a base currency on day one of listing which is a big risk. I think I will have to build a plugin that stores an override currency and value in a separate table then have a daily schedule that adjusts the base currency value to keep it in line with the exchange rate.

There is the further complication of selling across borders and having duties to pay so depending on the customer location and the product location the selling price will need to be increased to give duties paid price. I'm starting this in a week or so, let me know if you are interested.

Ours is multi store, one will be UK/Euro facing trade (so no VAT), the other will be public facing in just UK, with totally different prices. Unfortuntely pricing is also going to be product attribute based which adds to the complication.
e.g.
pack of 20 is £1.99/€2.99 on UK/Euro trade store
pack of 20 is £2.49 on UK public store
pack of 50 is £2.99/€3.99 on UK/Euro trade store
pack of 50 is £3.49 on UK public store
etc...
On top of this there will then be tied discounts (10% off for 10 or more, 25% off for 50 or more, etc...)

I dont think Id want to commit to some kind of plugin to handle all of this, and there isnt the budget. If these guys cant do it there must be a good reason for it.

Sadly this may be another nail in Nops coffin for me and I might need to look elsewhere.

Thanks for replying anyway
7 years ago
Hi,

I have been tinkering with the 3.90 Beta and I can't find the Special Price, Special Price Start and End dates.

Has this been moved?

Thanks,
7 years ago
WilValena wrote:
Hi,

I have been tinkering with the 3.90 Beta and I can't find the Special Price, Special Price Start and End dates.

Has this been moved?

Thanks,

Yes, it was merged tier prices which now can have a date range and thus can replace special prices with much more flexibility
7 years ago
Anyone Plans to add the option to Ban User Account and also have the option to ban the IP of the user ?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.