Order Processing Logic

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi.....testing nopcommerce for order processing logic.....

When I process order using payment method Paypal.....it obviously take me to paypal to log in and finalise payment....However, if i elect to Cancel and Return to Cart without logging into paypal...an order still exists...as pending payment.

1) How can the customer return to this order and pay for it via paypal?
2) My thought would be order number should be issued once payment is successful and not prior to making payment?

Your thoughts please....

Kind regards.
13 years ago
I imagine customers can log in and continue their orders although I'm not sure about that...

You could edit the order logic however...  You wouldn't want paypal payments through separately to your orders..

in other words if you create an order after payment is successful, how are you going to match up paypal transactions to their corresponding orders?

My suggestion would be leave it as it is...  

If orders are created which are not paid for, you have enough information to follow up that customer and have given yourself a sales lead which would be otherwise lost..

If you don't want "pending" orders in the system, why not code something to set them to expire after a few days without payment?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.