Able to Buy more product than Available quntity

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hello,
We are using nopCommerce 3.7 and ran into a problem, hope someone can help and suggest how to fix this.

We have a product where manage Inventory Method = Track Inventory, and the available quantity = 2
This product has an attribute Size with two possible values - Standard, and Alter (we do not manage the quantity by attribute because we have same product which we either ship as is or alter as per customer request).

Now as a customer if I try to add this item in the shopping cart, it allows me to add 2 quantity of this product for each value of the attribute i.e. it let me add 2 Standard size and 2 Alteration. Even if this total quantity = 2, it lets me order 4 items in this example.

Please let me know if I am missing some settings. I thought that the warning message indicating that we cannot add more items in cart then the quantity in hand should popup in this example.

I would appreciate any expert advice on this.

thank you
7 years ago
You also have to set:
- Minimum stock qty
- Low stock activity
7 years ago
Tecnofin wrote:
You also have to set:
- Minimum stock qty
- Low stock activity

Thank you very much for your response.
I have already setup Minimum Stock Qty = 0 and Low Stock Activity = Disable Buy button

But the issue is these flags/fields are updated only after the order is placed so if I place an order, with correct quantity in first place, it correctly disable the buy button so user cannot place the order again.

However, in my case customer is still on the cart and have not placed the order. If I try to place an order for a quantity 3 if I have stock quantity = 2, system give me a warning message that I cannot add more items in cart than we have in stock. Which is good.

However this warning message doesn't show when user try to add more quantity by changing the value of a given attribute. Please let me know if you would like me to explain the issue with an example again.

thank you
5 years ago
We are experiencing similar problem. For the current shopping cart, inventory availability does not prevent an item being added to the cart when any product attribute for that item is different than the same item that has already been added with a different value for any product attribute.

Version 3.8
Product set to 'track inventory'
Product has at least one attribute
Product set to 'No backorders'

Example: Product Availability = 1, product attribute set to "ABC" and add a quantity of 1 to the cart
Now, try and add that same product with product attribute set to "XYZ", it allows the 2nd item to be added to the cart even though line 1 would have consumed inventory available.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.