How can I downgrade the database from 1.6 to 1.5?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I'm trying to downgrade the database and revert the changes that were made. How can I do this? The installation from 1.5 to 1.6 failed with an upgrade and it also failed with a clean install. Not sure what else to do. My website is at www.ooples.com and now it doesn't work anymore.
13 years ago
you can't downgrade - you will have to use the backup you made before you upgraded

when you say it failed, can you tell us what happened ?  

are you connecting version 1.6 to your upgraded database ?
13 years ago
It got to step 4 and told me that it wasn't able to change the connectionstring.config file because of file permissions so I added what it told me to add and then uploaded the changes and hit next but it keeps saying that the connectionstring is different than what it should be even though it perfectly matches what it told me to add.
13 years ago
To update from the version 1.50 to the version 1.60 :

1.  Backup the database. (If you cann’t backup your database by using the backoffice admin, it’s better to creat a new database just for save a copie of your database) Otherwise, you can also copie all the file of your store to another physic address.  By this way, you’re sure that you have all the old resources.
2.  Download the new version 1.60 with the code sources.
3.  Open your new projet(version 1.60) in visual studio and excute it.
4.  Choose the updating direction and follow each step. Normally, everything will be ok.
5.  If you want to add multi-languages, you have to add the language packs to your projet and add some text in the Xml file to go with the new functions(ex. Advanced search…)
6.  If you want to add or modify something in the projet, you can publish your site again when you finish the modifications.

Try again and goog luck !
13 years ago
That worked well. Thanks! What are the steps to getting additional languages working?
13 years ago
To add another language :

In your backoffice, you can click : Configuration>Location>Languages.

Then, you will find a button ‘Add New’, click it, and choose your new language pack(It’s better that you download the official language pack firstly). The multi-languages works well in the version 1.60.

By the way, don’t forget click the ‘Publish’ when you add the new lauguage.

Try it 
13 years ago
Once you download the language pack which seems to just be an xml file, how do you get it to work?
13 years ago
This is my last major hurtle with the platform...

JP does not work, cannot edit any View string resources, even if they were in English I could get our staff to translate it over the web.... but they are not there, so trying to use an app from another post but it is not working and our best translaters are on Mac so it actually working in Admin would ROCK!

Daniel
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.